Falling asleep in lectures. (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
am i the only one with this problem?

for some reason; in most of my lectures i tend to fall asleep if all im doing is lisetning to the lecturer.

and im really fidgety. =/

how do u guys cope with lectures? lol.
i mean; i've tried redbll; v; coke; water; etc. none of them tend to keep me awake.

ahhh.
tips anyone?
should i just skip the lecture? lol

jb2007

HSC
haha I have the same problem, My lecturers voice is so monotone and boring, and I only get an average of 4hours sleep a night, not a good mix!
I've found that if im prepared for the lecture then i tend to be more engaged in what's being said because I understand it.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha i do get enough sleep. hell i don't have any trouble getting up at 5am when i went to sleep at 12am for work and feel last the whole 9 hours of work.

by prepared; do u mean do ur readings beforehand?
because if i did my readings i wouldn't relaly wanna go to the lecture. haha
i usually end up playing games on my ipod/fone / listening to music in one ear and listening to the lecture i nthe other.

haven't actually fell asleep perse... but when im in a lecture my eyes just feel so droopy ... i lose all concentration.. ARHHh
maybe ihave ADD. =/

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
shinji said:
am i the only one with this problem?

for some reason; in most of my lectures i tend to fall asleep if all im doing is lisetning to the lecturer.

and im really fidgety. =/

how do u guys cope with lectures? lol.
i mean; i've tried redbll; v; coke; water; etc. none of them tend to keep me awake.

ahhh.
tips anyone?
Amphetamines + Pot + Crystal Meth = Awake in Lectures.

(Manufacturers Note: some SLIGHT side effects have been reported however these are trivial)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Omium said:
Amphetamines + Pot + Crystal Meth = Awake in Lectures.

(Manufacturers Note: some SLIGHT side effects have been reported however these are trivial)
slight side effects eh.

...sure! i'll try that! :p
that'lll keep me more than awake. O:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
shinji said:
slight side effects eh.

...sure! i'll try that! :p
that'lll keep me more than awake. O:
Works for me, No reason why it cant work for you :)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
haven't actually fell asleep perse... but when im in a lecture my eyes just feel so droopy ... i lose all concentration.. ARHHh
maybe ihave ADD. =/
From someone who is medicated with dexes for ADD the best thing you can do is take OMEGA 3, these work alot better for me then the perscription pills i'm on.

I recall someone saying ask a question when you get bored, dunno how this works but you may wanna give it a shot.

You can allways take alot of high GI sugar so your hypo in the lecture and fucked for the rest of the day :D

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
shinji said:
haha i do get enough sleep. hell i don't have any trouble getting up at 5am when i went to sleep at 12am for work and feel last the whole 9 hours of work.

by prepared; do u mean do ur readings beforehand?
because if i did my readings i wouldn't relaly wanna go to the lecture. haha
i usually end up playing games on my ipod/fone / listening to music in one ear and listening to the lecture i nthe other.

maybe ihave ADD. =/
Are you sitting really far back in the lecture room? I always find my concentration disappears if i sit near the back of the room.

Try sitting in the 3rd row or soemthing.

schmeichung

HSC
Get enough sleep (>7 hours) and chew gum should be okay
You can't really fall asleep if your mouth is working (chewing), but of course you could stop chewing due to tiredness

just like you can't fall asleep if you keep talking, until you are too tired and stop talking

HSC
i get 9-10 hours sleep and i gym it up to keep me physically active, but nothing can keep me going in those finance lectures where lecturer doens't speak english. so i dont even go to them, i just do notes @ home

gman03

HSC
I sleep even in the front row of lecture, so location is irrelavent to me.

I have up to 4-8 hours of sleep each night, I still sleep in lecture.

The problem with me is lunch. My body starts perspiring and warms up and I go to sleep involuntarily. Normally I sleep only for 30mins or so during lecture.

I find stoping myself from sleeping in lecture near impossible, so I learn to sit next to my friend who write notes down from lecture and catch up as soon as I am awake so I can follow the rest of the lecture. Still works even in 5th year.

Trajan

HSC
shinji said:
ahhh.
tips anyone?
I think you should just skip the lecture.....there really isn't any point going to them if you're going to snooze off

Just go to consultation instead....a one-on-one tailor - made study session.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i have that problem aswell... so i make myself sit near the front so that lecturer can see me, so i'm technically FORCED to stay awake. before i'd sit near the back and doze off..literally.

kimberlin

HSC
OMG. I have the exact same problem in accounting. Coffee and V are slowly not working. Then again, I only have 4 hours asleep a night :(

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
How do you first years sleep for just 4 hours a night? I can sleep 7 and still feel tired.

No wonder everyone is drinking coffe. Get a proper amount of sleep you fools.

Pace_T

HSC
how can you fall asleep in lectures? you pay a heap of money for this education and you waste it...

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Pace_T said:
how can you fall asleep in lectures? you pay a heap of money for this education and you waste it...
It's incredibly easy in finance lectures when you're lecturer can't speak English very well.

I don't fall asleep, but I tune out and nothing goes in :(

For some reason I never have this problem in accounting lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)