• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Faking quotes? (1 Viewer)

goobi

HSC
Hey that provokes a thought. I wonder if I can use a novel or a song that is 'composed' by myself as my related text (although it is not officially published) so that I can just make up quotes and stuff, provided that it is definitely not plagiarism.

x3Reii

HSC
Yep faked it for my ORT for belonging - it was a real text too. I just couldn''t remember the exact quotes. 14/15

I wouldn't fake quotes for prescribed texts though.

mark H

HSC
Yep faked it for my ORT for belonging - it was a real text too. I just couldn''t remember the exact quotes. 14/15

I wouldn't fake quotes for prescribed texts though.
I totally agree with you, I fake quotes/techniques for related texts only.

anne1010

HSC
i have a friend that makes up stories for related texts for english. never got caught and decent marks. if you go to an english exam and totally mind blank...make it up. and in business she makes up case studies for fake businesses. its funny :p

but for my sor trial i couldnt remember my quotes exactly so just wrote the jist of them and where theyre from and it was fine.
i think for hsc they have so many papers and so little time that they dont care very much unless its bleeding obv uve made it up

mark H

HSC
i have a friend that makes up stories for related texts for english. never got caught and decent marks. if you go to an english exam and totally mind blank...make it up. and in business she makes up case studies for fake businesses. its funny :p

but for my sor trial i couldnt remember my quotes exactly so just wrote the jist of them and where theyre from and it was fine.
i think for hsc they have so many papers and so little time that they dont care very much unless its bleeding obv uve made it up
Ding ding ding we have a winner

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Though, you might get marks for the lulz if you put: "ZOUNDS! A thief hath ravaged mine home and taken my iPad..." or something. (just joking)
You mean 'A thief hath ravaged thou abode and hath taketh my iPad and monies'. :p But yeah, if I marked something like that, I'd laugh.

Never ever do that. Ever. If you're good enough to make up texts and quotes, you're good enough to read texts and quotes. It's actually more difficult to do well with a made up text. If you end up doing comparatively well by making up texts - think how much better (and about the same amount of effort) you could have done by reading a text and analysing that.

MisterE

HSC
N/A
In my English Ext 1 essay I put in some Star Wars quotes to back up any points I made. The marker was a bit of a Star Wars fanboy so he loved it.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Don't do it. Ever. Even in high school. The point of an assessment is to force you to learn things and actually study your course, not to test your ability to make stuff up.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I have to admit, in Advance short answers - if I can't find a technique in a quote then I would manipulate it so there is one.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have to admit, in Advance short answers - if I can't find a technique in a quote then I would manipulate it so there is one.
That's really not good, since they HAVE the question in front of them?

mark H

HSC
Don't do it. Ever. Even in high school. The point of an assessment is to force you to learn things and actually study your course, not to test your ability to make stuff up.
Well isn't school about testing your creativity.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
That's really not good, since they HAVE the question in front of them?
They would have to sieve though the text and after marking through a few exams, slightly lose focus. loool

Croompets

HSC

lol my whole business class does this. Our teacher tells us we can, as in the hsc their only looking for the application of business theory to a real business, made up or not

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol my whole business class does this. Our teacher tells us we can, as in the hsc their only looking for the application of business theory to a real business, made up or not
they're*

mark H

HSC
Don't even think of doing this.
English teachers read a lot.....you'd be surprised as to how much they know. It can be scary sometimes. Lol
My related is a film so the good thing is that i can emphasise stuff like quotes to make them more adaptable to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)