fake cases for tests (1 Viewer)

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
ive heard from a teacher who marks HSC papers that they dont actually check the cases in the criminal topic. this means that u could just make up a case to suit watver the question is!

obviously this wouldnt work in like indigenous studies or something (u need Mabo and WIK) but for criminal....

i watch a lot of Law & Order (hey its on enough!) that i could think of like 1,000 fake cases off the top of my head, then just say it was in the telegraph of june 1994 or something... no one will know......

has anyone who has done the HSC done the same? or is anyone contemplating doing the same in 3 months time?

mack

Banned
HSC
It is entirely possible, and yes i have done this. There is absolutely no way a teacher will know every single case ever brought to court. In a recent essay i even wrote the name of my teacher backwards in an (insert name) V (insert name) case, and noone noticed. If you struggle with a name in an exam just write something similar, noones going to care.

The Nick

McBain
HSC
It's really not that hard to learn a case name and the generalities of it. You might also want to learn a couple of Judge's names to refer to their comments.

santaslayer

HSC
mack said:
It is entirely possible, and yes i have done this. There is absolutely no way a teacher will know every single case ever brought to court. In a recent essay i even wrote the name of my teacher backwards in an (insert name) V (insert name) case, and noone noticed. If you struggle with a name in an exam just write something similar, noones going to care.

Not really. Teachers have readily accessible facilities whereby they can check the validity of the concerning case in question. That being said, they only do it if the case name or content is suspicious. Some examiners have been known to go out of their way to check the accuracy. This is only for the HSC exam, internal assessments are a different story.

The only thing you could really bluff are statistics and media articles. The rest, ie. legislation and cases are very easy to pinpoint. :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Statistics SHOULD be bluffed because my Excel book quotes something different to the Heinemann book for the same bloody thing!

mack

Banned
HSC
Santa-wouldnt this only be in some cases where the names are very obviously made up? Surely they dont go and look up every case they dont know. What do they do if they find out youve pulled a quick one on them? Do they penalise you?

And youre right, id never do it in the HSC exam. Our teacher is an idiot and i bet a few people i could write his name backwards in a case and he wouldnt find out.

santaslayer

HSC
mack said:
Santa-wouldnt this only be in some cases where the names are very obviously made up? Surely they dont go and look up every case they dont know. What do they do if they find out youve pulled a quick one on them? Do they penalise you?

And youre right, id never do it in the HSC exam. Our teacher is an idiot and i bet a few people i could write his name backwards in a case and he wouldnt find out.
Yes, that's what I said in my previous post. They'll go out of their way to check the validity of the source if it is questionable. They will not, of course, check every single case if it is not suspicious. :)

LoLz@ your teacher. :p

funniboi

HSC
LOL!

i thought about making up some fake case studies

but when i fink about what name to write, i remember the actually case LOL!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah it would be a good idea to use real cases.

They're not that hard to remember, I mean I pretty much learnt the Shelter syllabus tonight and I can remember all those lovely cases like Frater v. Finlay (1968), Kenny v. Preen (1963), Pampris v. Thanos (1968) , Liverpool City Council v. Irwin (1976) and the Jones case (2001).

Why the fuck do my textbooks only refer to medieval cases I have no fucking idea...

santaslayer

HSC
Ziff said:
Yeah it would be a good idea to use real cases.

They're not that hard to remember, I mean I pretty much learnt the Shelter syllabus tonight and I can remember all those lovely cases like Frater v. Finlay (1968), Kenny v. Preen (1963), Pampris v. Thanos (1968) , Liverpool City Council v. Irwin (1976) and the Jones case (2001).

Why the fuck do my textbooks only refer to medieval cases I have no fucking idea...
Normally because they are the founding cases for which most people use as reference. I don't know. :p

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
yeh you guys make some good points... obviously major cases dont get frauded like Mabo and Teoh and stuff like that, but if im trying to prove a point, and for some reason forgot all my notes... fuck it im just reverting to good old Law & Order... that show is a legal studies gold mine

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
U shld b careful if u do...my legal teacher actually did a B laws and when i asked him abt a case 4 mock trial he knew it off the top of his head...also most teachers know the syllabus pretty well and know wat cases are relevant etc... only do this as a last resort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)