Failed a few Courses :( (1 Viewer)

captainplanet7

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I have recently completed my first semester of Engineering at unsw and failed maths 1131 and physics 1131. Do I have to repeat these subjects next year? How can I tell if a course is a core subject?

I checked the unsw handbook and none of the next year courses explicitly say these subjects are assumed knowledge. However, the UNSW mechatronic plan said that these subjects must be completed. So I'm assuming I must redo them?

How do u tell if these are core subjects? Im assuming maths and physics are. But I couldn't find a place saying they are needed for next semester.

Thankyou.
Cplanet.

D94

HSC
N/A
They are core subjects, you must repeat and pass them.

They are prerequisites for MMAN1300 which is a prerequisite many other subjects. They are prerequisites for ELEC1111, MMAN2400 and so on. Again, they may be prerequisites for later year subjects so you must pass them in order to proceed through your degree.

Almost all engineering subjects are core subjects. The only ones which aren't are the 2 first year engineering electives because you have a choice but are still technically cores in the sense that you must complete 2. You are allowed to choose your general education electives. There's not much choice.

HSC
N/A
You are better off doing them this session rather than waiting until next year. You can do both in session 2. You have probably already been unenrolled from math1231 and phys1221 so that would make room. You can do those over the summer if you want to catch up (dunno if you can do both at once though?)

Kurby

HSC
N/A
If you plan on redoing them which I think you will have to because they are core, then pass this time.. or you risk getting kicked out of the uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)