Extra semester (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Because I changed my major last year, my degree structure is so far off from the recommended one. I worked out that to get 240 credit points, I need to do an extra semester. Can I do that, even if the course is only supposed to be three years? Or do I have to talk to someone about it?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
kate_is_me said:
Because I changed my major last year, my degree structure is so far off from the recommended one. I worked out that to get 240 credit points, I need to do an extra semester. Can I do that, even if the course is only supposed to be three years? Or do I have to talk to someone about it?
lol my mentor (yes MENTOR!) at uws, is studying a B Engineering which is a 4 year degree, is currently finishing his 6th year....and no his not doing part-time...his be doing 6 years-full time... and his my uni appointed mentor?????

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
lol my mentor (yes MENTOR!) at uws, is studying a B Engineering which is a 4 year degree, is currently finishing his 6th year....and no his not doing part-time...his be doing 6 years-full time... and his my uni appointed mentor?????
you have a uni mentor?:s

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
What Mel said.

But talking to someone about it is never a bad idea either.... for example...

See about having a conversation with your Head of School - to see if there are any unforeseen rules and regs that may pop up later, and that might get in the way of graduating.

Then ask the Student Centre the same question(s).

I suggest doing this because if your degree make-up is, ummmm, "unconventional", then there may be something that you haven't thought of lurking in the academic or administrative shadows.

Also, if applicable, get some advice about whether or not you have all the pre-reqs to be admitted into your profession (eg if you did Law, does your degree have at least the "Priestly Eleven" core subjects?).

Lastly, and this is a personal thing for you, ask yourself if you have all the subjects that you need to actually be employable in your chosen field - employable that is compared to everyone else who will be applying for jobs at the same time. YMMV big time on this question.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Thanks for the replies everyone. So I guess it's okay, but I've emailed my head of program about it just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)