Extra- curricular and cadetships (1 Viewer)

yummy-cookies

HSC
Is there any point in going for a cadetship if you have barely any extra-curricular activities to show? Even if your marks are decent?

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
it doesnt matter if u have a few, as long as they are solid things such as prefect, state sports, etc

yummy-cookies

HSC
You should have at least one or two. Just talk them up lol
I will try my best! I only have the things that practically everyone has anyway. do you think its possible to be considered for an interview with barely any?

it doesnt matter if u have a few, as long as they are solid things such as prefect, state sports, etc
they're not.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Is there any point in going for a cadetship if you have barely any extra-curricular activities to show? Even if your marks are decent?
I doubt your peers will have many extra curriculars on you unless they are from the 'rowing team'-style private schools - all of mine I have picked up during uni.

As mentioned in prior posts, you should find something to exagerate.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i'm banking on my extra curricular stuff. rep soccer, 14 consecutive years. run the school's christian group. leader at church's childrens programme. coach soccer camps and clinics etc.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember it's quality not quantity- try to show what you have learnt and what skills can be applied to a cadetship. Think back and see if there is anything you have done in the past (e.g. formal committees, year book, etc).

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
yeh, i think a lot of the smaller firms tend to shortlist shittier people first as they know a lot of the stronger applicants would receive offers from larger firms

a friend who got interviews for pkf and uts bacc (2/3) replies, got rejected from spry roughley, this firm in paramatta with like 30 staff but they do have a funny name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)