• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

External Exam Weighting? (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
A l said:
The word averaged means that the two marks are added together and then divided by two to give you your final HSC mark, thus meaning that they are in equal proportion of the final HSC mark. The same applies for raw HSC marks, which are used for scaling.
Oh, and moderation plays a big part in this, especially for MW's...you haven't seen the number of internal marks less than 20/50 which produce totals of 48.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
wrong_turn said:
i agree with glycerine in regard to major works. we use so mcuh time on them, and they are worth so little. my history extension major is worth 40% of my school assessment mark.
are you sure you aren't confusing 80% of final mark and 40% of school mark? My ext hist. project last yr was worth 80% of my internal mark (other 20% was trials), and we were under the impression that this was the same for everybody - i remember because our teacher had this huge whinge about how it was unfair that the major work was such a large component of our final mark but it was marked internally instead of externally, which would have been more fair

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Society and Culture exam is only 70% of the external mark and the PIP is 30%.

I totally agree on EE2 being retarted. The assessments are totally easy but in the end worth the same as your major work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)