External Exam Weighting? (1 Viewer)

floyd_pepper

HSC
Hey, maybe im really stupid. But where oh where do you find the weightings for external assessments? ive bin looking for ages. eg. how much is the final english advanced exam worth? so many qs...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
not exactly, cos drama has external projects and all. so it's stuff you do during the yr but cos it's marked externally, has an external weighting.

'least that's the impression i got.

speed2

HSC
the information technoloy HSC exam is 100% of the final HSC mark

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
wow, that sucks majorly.
well., i hadnt heard that about drama, but id say for most things, youd be right to generalise and say 50%. i imagine the only subjects where there would be a difference would be in subjects that you have to submit work to an external marker, like ext2 eng, art etc. however, you should have been provided with dates for all of your internal and external exams and their weighting by the faculties at your school at the start of the year. if you missed out on that, go see your teacher and ask: it's a mandatory requirement. they, or the head teacher, should be able to answer any of your questions, its their job to know those things.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'm still pretty sure that drama is 50 % external and 50 % internal. If anyone has evidence to contradict this, please post.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
fleepbasding said:
I'm still pretty sure that drama is 50 % external and 50 % internal. If anyone has evidence to contradict this, please post.
i didnt do drama myself, but i was under the impression it was 50/50. perhaps whoever posted it wasnt was confused between what counted as an external exam (ie. HSC) and what was simply marked externally - like EE2 projects, artworks, musical performances etc.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
silvermoon said:
i didnt do drama myself, but i was under the impression it was 50/50. perhaps whoever posted it wasnt was confused between what counted as an external exam (ie. HSC) and what was simply marked externally - like EE2 projects, artworks, musical performances etc.
The ext 2 english major work is marked externally and is the external mark. The major work is to eng ext 2, what any exam is to any other subject- the external mark.

I'm sure that drama (and most, if not all) subjects are weighted 50/50, but can someone please confirm this. ?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i still think it's such bs that ext2 eng is 50/50, the amount of effort i put into the project + rs itself = 200x the effort i put into any of the internal assessments (barring the proposal)

should be at least 40/60 or something

Mandy101

HSC
I know that drama students have to do a group external project, so maybe that's counted in the 60%?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
No, I do drama and the external is made up of an IP a group piece and an exam and these three added up together make the external mark which is 50 %. Gavrilo, please explain?

floyd_pepper

HSC
yeah pretty sure drama is 50/50, wat i meant was (and lets take drama fo eg) where do find the weightings for IP, Group performance, exams etc?

A l

HSC
N/A
Regardless of how much the external and internal assessment weightings are, in the end when it comes to your final HSC mark, produced by the Board of Studies, the school assessments make up half of it and external assessments should therefore make up the other half. A quote from the link I provided earlier, under the heading 22. Reporting Achievement says:
“Your assessment mark and examination mark will be averaged to give a composite HSC mark. For 2 unit courses, the mark will be on an achievement scale from 0-100, with all students who reach the minimum standard expected in a course awarded at least 50. A mark of 50 or more will be accompanied by a description, in a performance band, of the standard the mark represents.”
The word averaged means that the two marks are added together and then divided by two to give you your final HSC mark, thus meaning that they are in equal proportion of the final HSC mark. The same applies for raw HSC marks, which are used for scaling.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i agree with glycerine in regard to major works. we use so mcuh time on them, and they are worth so little. my history extension major is worth 40% of my school assessment mark.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
thats odd wrong turn. Mine is worth 80% of my internal assesment. Are you sure your teacher hasn't made an error, because I was under the impression that the project had to make up 40% of the course (therefore 80% of internal assesment)?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
thats exactly the same thing when you get down to it, it just gets confused cos it all comes up to a mark of 50 rather than 100

i'm so glad i dropped ext history, i'm too lazy to do a major project

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
My bad X___X

I was in the drama forum at the same time as posting this...sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)