Extension French (Info answering the question "Should I do it?") (1 Viewer)

iwanttodowellin

Hi

k_i_mm_i said:
Anyone else doing anything special to celebrate their last exam??
yes k_i_mm_i, I am going to a party, and then the next day i am goin out, then to a formal and then on to schoolies!!! And im sure in between I will celebrate with my friends at the pub or in a club, etc....what are your plans???

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Hi poiuytrewqwerty

Im planning to hunt down a boy called James and hire a lady called Darmo to whip his behind :)

This is my idea of fun.

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
omg_a said:
argh i'm so bad at forcing myself to study. or rather, i have been doing this for so many weeks now that i'm so terribly sick of it, and it's my formal tomorrow night so i'm kinda focusing more on the organisation of that.........do exam, race into town, get hair done, get driven to sydney (how??) get ready, go to pre drinks, go to formal....argh, the exam just pales in comparison!!

Ooh, what does your dress look like? And how are you getting your hair done? And where? What shoes? My formal's next Thursday and I still have gotten anything!! I'm going to start looking for my dress on Sun, and hopefully if I find it, I know what I want done to my hair...!

chepas

HSC
kimmi said:
planning to hunt down a boy called James and hire a lady called Darmo to whip his behind
Do you mind if I lend you a hand ;).

OMG. Less than 16 hours till judgement day. I came back from Randwick just now and I feel slightly better. If I write another thing today I will scream.

BUT in 24 hours I will be in Manly and hoping it's nice weather, just a dinner and whatever with a friend, singular :uhhuh:. But then Monday - je pars au camping!

kelboo

HSC
Make sure that your French is at a level that you consider proficient.... otherwise it'd be more of a waste of time than anything else as you need to synthesise/evaluate/justify personal responses. If you feel you cannot do this, you're in trouble!

However your teacher reckons you'd be fine... so give it a go! :)
I did it and I thought it was good, but then again I am fluent so not doing it would have been a waste of fantastic possible scaling!!!

I guess in the end it depends on what you want, vs. what you think you can handle. ;)

k_i_mm_i

HSC
hey kelboo im planning on studying at that ICTHM at manly - the hospo college...what's the goss with the place? Is it cool? strict?

cheers

chepas

HSC
Yay Manly. I was born there :D.

That huge building on thingo road near the Hospital? Woah that look reeeeaally exclusive! Good luck with you're entry!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
chepas said:
Yay Manly. I was born there :D.

That huge building on thingo road near the Hospital? Woah that look reeeeaally exclusive! Good luck with you're entry!

ahaha do u know who james is?

chepas

HSC
James......? lol.....

James Howard? He does French through OHS...

muzzling

HSC
hahaha, omg, my brother got married at the ICTHM.. That place is gorgeous!
I sang in the chapel, man i love that chapel.. really wide aisle, only 3 benches on each side..

chepas

HSC
^ They do weddings? Man how good would that place be to get married! I really want to get past the gates one day :D. If it's a fully hospitality training place, do they have a hotel wing where people actually stay and the students tend to them etc? (Like at Ryde TAFE haha.).

chepas

HSC
Watching M+J again, I had a little epiphany that might sert a` rien mais, je vais le raconter tout de même. The little discourse between Malek, Magali and Marius just after Extract 4 I just realised is rather interesting. Marius, another 'lie' he tells is to Malek, and is obviously joking, but in his seemless expressionless self he plays the part of truth very well:

(They're at the table, in the morning, after Marius finished work in night shift)
Magali: Pas trop naze?
Marius: Ouais... tu sais, j'ai dormi toute la nuit.
Malek: Il se passe jamais rien, je comprends pas pourquoi on te paie a` rien faire.
Marius: Ah tu crois ça? Une nuit, y'a qque mois, une soucoupe volante (UFO pretty much), elles est venue se poser juste au milieu dla cimenterie. (Here's the start of little joke/lie)
Malek: Et ça va, tu sais depuis combien de temps je crois plus ou Père Noël?
Marius: Tu crois que je mens?
Malek: Si tu mens pas, c'est que t'étais bourré!
Marius: Je bois jamais (continuing the "I never drink" thing...)
Magali: Qu'est-ce qu'ils voulaient?
Malek: Oh t'y mets pas toi aussi, hein!
Marius: Qu'est-ce qu'y voulaient? (Here's his funny thing, lie to Malek.) Ils voulaient voir le paysage, on a une vue magnifique de la cimenteier. Chez eux, tout est plat. Y'a pas de mer, pas de montagne, pas de vieille ville, tout est propre, nickel-chrome (have no idea what this means..).... ils ont tous la même couleur de peau, la même taille, le même poids, la même religion (maybe this is Guediguian saying that - tolerance of difference is desirable because difference is what makes the world interesting????)... C'est pour ça que d'un point de vue scientifique y sont tres avancés. Par contre, comme tout roule toujours dans l'huile.. (By this point,"jeannette sourit, Malek a l'air plus intéressé")... hé bé ils s'emmerdent comme des rats morts. Voila`....

Funny hey? I am discovering that this movie is actually quite charming in really subtle ways.... This also can indicate how Marius is becoming accepted into the family more, and the shot composition paints them at the setting of the dinner table - very family-ish - as all the family characters are present there, as if they are a family - lining the situation up for th e next turn of events (cue: sad music (Vivaldi's "Winter" from The Four Seasons I think)) which is Marius' disappearance. So this is the Belonging vs Alienation a bit (acceptance into community I think? - Then Coping with Change as he deals with the relationship with the kids and Jeannette changing so radically - from just a little flingy thing to practically a whole family unit - the way he copes with change, voila` the drinking.

So maybe B vs A and Tolerance of Difference (T of D if we want to take Marius little Alien story seriously :D, if we think that Guedigiuan really was trying to describe his idea of a really boring existance and preach about how our world is really cool - with our, to contradict Marius' description of the aliens, 'different colours of skin, different sizes, different weight/sizes, different religions'... etc...

I might be talking bull but... Qu'en pensez-vous?

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Hey Chepas ur not talking bull at all!! actually I thought that's a really really good point, I saw it first, yesterday in fact in the notes of your 2002 trial i think....hang on....here:

"Tolerance of racial difference: Marius is telling the children about the story of aliens coming to the cement factory as they are bored to see the same race people looking all alike and want to see different sorts of people."

I thought...hey!...Guediguian is not so dumb after all...he does all of these small things that we don't notice at first sight of the film.

I also wrote specific extracts from each character's point of view...it realli helps u get into their shoes. So you understand more, ...like Dede's situation.... I mean like he got home all tired, after working in a factory, he just wants to watch tv and relax, but no....Monique reproaches him and shouts etc...HE's like...."shut up bitch"
aahahha ...so yeah...it's quite good to do that

WEll Bonne Chance tout le monde, nondil, chep, shazz, omg_a et tout que j'ai oublie....desolee!! (mais pas poiuytrewqwerty parce qu'il est bizzare) non, je rigole.
C'est notre dernier examen! je n'en reviens toujours pas!!!!

donc......GAMBATE as the jap would say

iwanttodowellin

k_i_mm_i said:
WEll Bonne Chance tout le monde, nondil, chep, shazz, omg_a et tout que j'ai oublie....desolee!! (mais pas poiuytrewqwerty parce qu'il est bizzare) non, je rigole.
Dans les mots de Justin (a Dede):
<<Ca, c'est mechant!>>

alors, bonne chance pour tout le monde, et quant a toi, Kimmi, il n'y a pas du tout assez des heures qui reste afind de te permettre a reussir....alors, l'echec t'approche tout de suite....et tu le merite!!! Comme Jeannette merite la justice et l'amour....

Alors, va, va faire tes etudes tout le monde (sauf Kimmi....et qui est-ce caractere James??? Il me semble d'etre tres attractif!! en jugant par le moyen que tu le parle!)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC

chepas

HSC
kimmi said:
(mais pas poiuytrewqwerty parce qu'il est bizzare)
LOL :lol: Il y a qch d'amoureux entre vous deux. Vous flirtez comme c'était la fin du monde... :D. Ptet poiuytrewqwerty est ce James dont tu parles...

Et bien c'était vraiment «méchant» ce que tu l'as dit :D.

Je viens juste de regarder ce film encore..., juste les extraits. SI DIEU EST GENTIL Il nous donnera Extract 4! Au moins, Extract 1 parce que c'est facile aussi. Belonging central.

Me reste plus qu'a` dire:
Bonne chance tout le monde!

Il faut qu'on y réussisse!

Dans qques heures, comme Edith Piaf chante dans sa chanson 'Non, je ne regrette rien':

C'est payé, balayé, oublié,
Je me fous du passé!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)