Extension French (Info answering the question "Should I do it?") (1 Viewer)

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
poiuytrewqwerty said:
I bet Guediguian didnt even mean to create such depth of issues as the BOS has managed to find....they really are scraping the barrel, i mean everything seems to have a meaning! And its not just this movie, its anything we study critically!! I think the BOS just cant accept the fact that some things just dont HAVE a meaning, and they should stop trying to invent a meaning for things that are, quite frankly, meaningless...[/QUOTE

I totally agree. There have been so many times when i've sat in those damn lunchtime french ext classes just thinking ' this is beyond pointless'. So much better things to do with my time, than discuss how this camera angle happens to offer a brilliant insight into a character or how a line is loaded with perceptive thoughts on humanity.

It's like english- personally, i've never ever gone on an imaginative journey and returned with far-reaching, incredible consequences but i've written more pages than i can count about it- i hate the BOS for making us demean ourselves like this!

chepas

HSC
Another Update to my Site - Fresh Trials for Extension - Hot of the Press!

Salut la marmaille,

My French teacher just sent me two more practice past trials. Follow this link, and find the OHS trials from 2002 and 2001 freshly uploaded.

Also I put up my 2004 trial up there a few days ago.

A votre service,
Chépas :D.
---------------------

Re: pointless nothingness. Well, the main point of the Frext course is to heighten our use of French and to expand on it greatly. At least that the 'meaningless pulling apart of nothing' from this film is teaching us to say absolutely nothing in, and comprehending nothing from a foreign language :D. Heck if we can do it in our native language why not have the same skills in French :p.

k_i_mm_i

HSC
true true :) :) :)

Crazy BOS, but if u think about it they are pretty smart to find 3 issues that are pretty much relevant to every single scene.

I have a feeling they are gonna ask questions on the cimenterie - la patrimoine de l'humanite OR justin - when he is explaining fundementalism to the kids :)
Cos they seem to be the extracts that have the most meaning...and the rest have been tested. But i dunno :p

I tend to write like really long answers that cover up all blank pages - front and back. But i heard that to get to the highest band we have to write concisely....MEH but I have so much to say.

chepas

HSC
URGENT! DOCO ON SBS 8.30pm TONIGHT - "YOUNG, FRENCH, AND MUSLIM" - VERY EXT. TOPICAL!

URGENT! VERY USEFUL DOCUMENTARY ON THE BANNING OF SIGNES RELIGIEUX OSTENSIBLES ON SBS TONIGHT, 8.30pm, "YOUNG, FRENCH, AND MUSLIM" ON THE CUTTING EDGE

This doco will be VERY good for vocab, as I can feel it in my bones that there will be SOMETHING in the exam relating to the law applicable since la rentrée last September that bans the wearing of religious symbols in public institutions, namely public schools/colleges etc. This will be full of vocab, and points of view that we could potentially use for our Section II response.

The law of 'laïcité' seems to be a very strong subject this year, so I think this will be a very useful thing indeed.

So... WATCH IT!!!!

The one thing I disagree with is the way the issue is being presented. It is making it out as if it is a banning of the Muslim headscarf only, but in fact it encompasses ALL religious symbols - so it seems as it is being presented as an attack on this. Strong caveat :uhhuh:.

That is all :D.
---------------------------------------

Last edited:

omg_a

HSC
i watched it, very good, very good, bit late for orals!!!

in light of chepas saying he can feel it in his bones etc, i say we all guess/bet what we think the essay bit is going to be on

i think changing role of women in society and unemployment amongs young people

i don't think specifically the veil issue because of the orals question, but i guess a more general religious tolerance question. anyway, those are my guesses.

is anyone feeling marginalised because we have the last exam??!

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
omg_a said:
i watched it, very good, very good, bit late for orals!!!

in light of chepas saying he can feel it in his bones etc, i say we all guess/bet what we think the essay bit is going to be on

is anyone feeling marginalised because we have the last exam??!

I also think it'll be on women and gender equality, well i'm hoping it will be! or maybe something on the effect of technology, or politics

I'm feeling extremely marginalised-possibly even more than the poor ppl in L'Estaque- that we still haven't finished! It's been dragging on for soooo long!!!

nokie=)

HSC
indeed, as am i [feeling marginalised that is]. i'm hoping that they don't ask something weird like last year's "does australian society cater for the needs of the young disabled..." Perhaps something involving the war in Iraq though may come up. These last 4 weeks have been way too long...

Last edited:

k_i_mm_i

HSC
I liked that documentary, it gave me a deeper and thourough understanding, cos it's not just about the veil. The veil just kinda opened uip everu other wound that all the young muslims have had in france.
But i don't know ahaha...i only watched a little bit of it.

chepas

HSC
Gosh I completely forgot about unemployment and womens' roles in society! Argh... I did an old OHS trial today and sent it off to be corrected - I am expecting a blasting from my French teacher.

I am at the point of I DON'T CARE ANYMORE I JUST WANT IT'S OVERNESS....

ARGH.

I got some vocab on the doco last night, and some sort of metaphory kind of stuff:

psychose de peur
la cohabitation
Dammarie les Lys
- the suburb just outside of Paris where lots of immigrant workers live.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Just thought I'd interrupt your hysterical, intellectual discussions to wish y'all some 'bonne chance' pour demain. Have fun, it being your final exam and everything!! Mwah. ;)

chepas

HSC
Hip c'est toi encore! Je pensais que tu nous as quitté, ce qui m'a fait triste :(. Yay!

Mais alors le maudit examen n'aura lieu que vendredi. NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Merci pour les voeux mille fois quand même :p.

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Ah. Oui. Bien sur. *** Pour le lendemain. J'oublie.

Le français il me manque. C'est triste. I feel a void where french used to be. :( I still have spontaneous urges to speak (or sing... which is even more disturbing) in french... Odd. *shrugs*

chepas

HSC
Bé la` c'est bien quand tu chantes en français :D. Je fais la même chose, tout le temps.

Il y a des chansons qui s'occupent des thèmes inscrits de l'Extension:

"La couleur des blés" - Blankass
"Elle a fait un bébé toute seule" - Jean-Jacques Goldman
"L'air que l'on respire" - Michel Jonasz: GOOD song - I use the little refrain as a quote for the "lutte contre le racisme" situations - l'air que l'on respire, c'est le même pour tous
"Banlieue rouge" - Renaud

Téléchargez-les tout de suite, analysez leur paroles! Aux armes citoyens! Remplissez vos culottes! Marchons, marchons....

ARGH la tête va pas.

omg_a

HSC
argh i'm so bad at forcing myself to study. or rather, i have been doing this for so many weeks now that i'm so terribly sick of it, and it's my formal tomorrow night so i'm kinda focusing more on the organisation of that.........do exam, race into town, get hair done, get driven to sydney (how??) get ready, go to pre drinks, go to formal....argh, the exam just pales in comparison!!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
He....c'est difficile a croire qu'il est demain. Cela fait deja longtemps que l'on ne fait pas un examen.
OMG_A u better celebrate the night of your formal, pretty good ey? celebrating straight after your last exam forever!
Anyone else doing anything special to celebrate their last exam??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)