extended response? how much case study? (1 Viewer)

elliegrace

HSC
for section IV.
if the questions asks for methods of global expansion.
is it better to briefly describle all of the methods and then in detail the one or two methods your case study adopts?

in general should we be covering all aspects even if our case study does not fit in it, briefly and then detailing what does fit?
or is it better just to keep to what is there and dont put it in if your case study doesnt do or use that etc?
is this response centred around our case study or is it around our knowledge and the case study as an example.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
for section IV.
if the questions asks for methods of global expansion.
is it better to briefly describle all of the methods and then in detail the one or two methods your case study adopts?

in general should we be covering all aspects even if our case study does not fit in it, briefly and then detailing what does fit?
or is it better just to keep to what is there and dont put it in if your case study doesnt do or use that etc?
is this response centred around our case study or is it around our knowledge and the case study as an example.
For the extended response, they'll test you based on your knowledge of theory, so include all the required points as specified in the syllabus. But as stated in the rubric, you must use a case study, however this is just to supplement your explanation - so only include information wherever applicable.

elliegrace

HSC
thanks heaps. i wasnt sure whether or not to just do information that is relevant to my case study or cover all the basis and just use harvey norman as examples where applicable.

Eddykungfu

HSC
Case study per syllabus point asked.

If you have NO case studies at all, your maximum mark is 8/20

elliegrace

HSC
no, i have a case study, my point is say there are 5 strategies for something ans my case study only does3/5 do i state all 5 and then just say which ones mine does and how they do it..

jessjackowski

HSC
no, i have a case study, my point is say there are 5 strategies for something ans my case study only does3/5 do i state all 5 and then just say which ones mine does and how they do it..
yep, theory is most important so definetely do all 5...and for the 3 that your case study applies to, write the example after the theory.

xDell

HSC
yep, theory is most important so definetely do all 5...and for the 3 that your case study applies to, write the example after the theory.
Do u reckon writing case studies after the theory or writing case studies after each dot point is better?

elliegrace

HSC
Do u reckon writing case studies after the theory or writing case studies after each dot point is better?
i do like eg, all the methods of global expansion briefly.
then i say how harvey norman uses fdi and the places they did it at and if it was vertical integration, joint venture etc
heading
part one
type1
t2
t3
t4
t5
t6
then case study in detail.

then part2
t1
t2
t3
t4
case study
etc..

xDell

HSC
i do like eg, all the methods of global expansion briefly.
then i say how harvey norman uses fdi and the places they did it at and if it was vertical integration, joint venture etc
heading
part one
type1
t2
t3
t4
t5
t6
then case study in detail.

then part2
t1
t2
t3
t4
case study
etc..
I see. my teacher encourages doing it this way if u only use one case study. If u have more than one, its better to do it under every dot point imo.

bmn

HSC
I see. my teacher encourages doing it this way if u only use one case study. If u have more than one, its better to do it under every dot point imo.
Even with one, I think its better under each dot point. I just list the methods (or dot point), then use each one as its own heading with the information and the case study integrated if applicable.

Just make sure you have a good enough vocabulary... It's not a main point, but if you keep saying "At business X" or something it's bound to get annoying and lose you marks.

And yes, if its applicable to the question, write about it - case study or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)