Ext. English Help (1 Viewer)

agua.fuego

HSC
Hey, I've just gotten an assignment, and I'm a little confused (even though it's somewhat basic).

I have to write an essay revolving around 3 texts - Dracula, and 2 related texts - to which I'm focusing on the issue of vampirism, I guess, how it still enthralls us and has done so throughout time.

How exactly do I go about doing this? I just started typing up my introduction and realised that I had no idea how I was meant to bring in the other texts.

Thanks all in advance.

Also: my two related texts are firstly, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, and secondly, I'm thinking about Christabel by Coleridge. The only problem is - that's kind of the same time as Dracula. Anyone know a good text that is in between the Twilight series and Dracula?? My teacher mentioned a movie, The Lost Boys - anyone seen that and can comment?

And thanks again.

bored of sc

HSC
Vampirism: belief in vampires and/or the behaviour of vampires.

Enthralls us: to hold spellbound, captivate, enchant, mystify.

How does the notion of vampires in texts still captivate readers? How has vampirism effectively been achieved throughout time in both past and more contemporary texts?

Through techniques. :) Go into how language and possibly dramatic (as used in a play) techniques establish the context, communicate the plot, develop themes and build characterisation of vampires.

But I would also go into gothic elements, the context (time and place) of the creation of belief in vampires (origins), symbols/archetypes/stereotypes (e.g. blood), using this as background knowledge to give your argument more credibility.

Hope this is even remotely close to what you have been asked to do. :shy:

jazzbaby

HSC
bored of sc said:

How does the notion of vampires in texts still captivate readers? How has vampirism effectively been achieved throughout time in both past and more contemporary texts?

Through techniques. :) Go into how language and possibly dramatic (as used in a play) techniques establish the context, communicate the plot, develop themes and build characterisation of vampires.

But I would also go into gothic elements, the context (time and place) of the creation of belief in vampires (origins), symbols/archetypes/stereotypes (e.g. blood), using this as background knowledge to give your argument more credibility.

you are extremely smart bored of sc
was looking at some of your other posts

clap clap :D

agua.fuego

HSC
bored of sc said:

I think also that you're smart. Why don't I go to school with you anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)