explain me CAR audio!!! (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
hmm,

i go to jb hifi and ask them to recommend me stuff and they go 'wat do u want? 2 channel or 4 channel amp, do u want speakers hooked up to head uni or amp, ...' and theres some other simple tech stuff that just disperses in my head.

wats 2 channel/4 channel/mono...??

7th Sign

HSC
2 channel amps are used for running a sub off

4 channel amps are used for running a sub and your speakers off

best bet would be if you have a decent head unit to get a 2 channel amp to run a sub and then run your speakers of the head unit this is what most people do...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
you dont need a sub... decent speaker put out more than enough base, what do you want to do? damage your ears?

depends on how big your car is aswell

seen as u dont know much about this, i would say speaker hooked to the head unit, fuck the amp

7th Sign

HSC
ahhh do you even have car audio mate?

I have a top of the line kenwood deck and rockaford 6 by 9s and speaker sin the front, the base they give out is pretty shit and this is top of the line gear.

For a week my mate let me borrow his 4 channed fusion amp and 2 fusion dual coil subs and I had my tv/dvd unit in the car this was giving of great bass...

If you want good base you can not get it of the head unit you need a sub...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I'm not that big a fan of "huge bass" (ie. the one which affects ppl in other cars)... I prefer perfect quality sound; and it's nice if it has the bass spectrum covered equally well.

By the way which way do you guys face your subwoofer? My cousin installed his dual 12" facing the inside of the car because "that way the bass stays inside the car rather than outside"... is that true?

You can't really see it because they're behind the covers... but anyway.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
apprarently fully sick kunts face it out so everyone can see (or hear) that they are fully sick.

7th Sign

HSC
Its not how the sub is placed that gives off the bass its how the sub box is made and the different dimensions of the sub box giving a finer bass tone.

People usually box up subs aswell for security reasons...whne the have the sub facing down its easier to steal.

You can appreciate subs in a car all HQ audio cars have atleast one sub,

It gets a bit stupid when people like one of my mates have 4 x 12 inch fusion subs in their lil ford laser lol

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
LOL OMG bro that must be fully sick? do u like cruze up an down church street parra wif ur muzik pumpin.

OMG i wish i was u

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
bowman said:
LOL OMG bro that must be fully sick? do u like cruze up an down church street parra wif ur muzik pumpin.

OMG i wish i was u
you missed the *doof* *doof* sound effects uleh!

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
rofl, funny

boomphf boomphf

ahh, so its better to have ur speakers hooked to a 4 channel?

my boot is so small, i mite as well put a sub in it, considering u cant put jack else in it

7th Sign

HSC
bowman said:

OMG i wish i was u

I woulkdnt drive around para if i was paid to its the bronks their...

You sit in his car for like 2 minutes and then for 2 days you get this constant ringing sound in your ears

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
7th Sign said:
2 channel amps are used for running a sub off
4 channel amps are used for running a sub and your speakers off
best bet would be if you have a decent head unit to get a 2 channel amp to run a sub and then run your speakers of the head unit this is what most people do...
Mono blocks are used for running subwoofers, 2 channel amps are used for running subwoofers or front speakers, 4 channel amps are used for running front and rear speakers or front speakers and subwoofers, 5 channel amps are used for running front and rear speakers as well as any subs.

Most people are idiots.

Always place the front speaker system (be it components or just a simple split system) at the highest priority otherwise it will sound so shithouse that you shouldn't even bother.

7th Sign said:
ahhh do you even have car audio mate?
I have a top of the line kenwood deck and rockaford 6 by 9s and speaker sin the front, the base they give out is pretty shit and this is top of the line gear.
For a week my mate let me borrow his 4 channed fusion amp and 2 fusion dual coil subs and I had my tv/dvd unit in the car this was giving of great bass...
If you want good base you can not get it of the head unit you need a sub...
What, are you like a retard or something? How can you even begin to talk about car audio and quality without knowing the brand of your front speakers. I sincerly hope they are 6" splits or components. I hardly would rate Kenwood or Rockaford as top of the line darling. Blaupunkt and Boston Acoustic are far far better, but still only high-mid range quality.

VanCarBus said:
hmm,

i go to jb hifi and ask them to recommend me stuff and they go 'wat do u want? 2 channel or 4 channel amp, do u want speakers hooked up to head uni or amp, ...' and theres some other simple tech stuff that just disperses in my head.

wats 2 channel/4 channel/mono...??
Firslty, "explain me CAR audio" doesn't make any literary sense. Secondly, what were you doing at JB HiFi? They only stock Sony and Pioneer type brands, as well as no-name shit like Fusion. Avoid anything sold in JB HiFi.

Alright, now your setup depends on how much money you have, and what components you already own.

Low Budget
- New Headunit (the part with buttons at the front of your car) with MP3 playback
try blaupunkt, clarion, pioneer or kenwood

- Front speakers, 6inch Splits (one 6inch woofer in the door, one small tweeter mounted near eye level, one hidden electronic crossover)
try blaupunkt, boston acoustic, mb quart, JL audio

Run the speakers from the headunit.

Medium Budget
- 2 channel Amplifier, JL audio make good gear for a good price. Run the front speakers of this and the rear speakers off the Headunit

High Budget $2,500 - $3,000 all up
- Rear "infill" 6" woofers (not 6x9 speakers, 6" woofers)
- 2 x 10" subwoofers
- Add a large monoblock amp to powerboth subwoofers, or a 4 channel full hi/lo pass amp and run each subwoofer off two bridged lo pass channels

Anything bigger then this will require a lot of money and a lot more explaining, but if thats what you want let me know and I can further continue this discussion.

scibo

HSC
minushuman has said mostly of what i would suggest. stay away from places like JB hifi & strathfield. go to a proper car audio store.

my preferd setup is 6" splits in the front doors wif tweeters. 6" splits in the rear doors (depending on sedan or hatch) a single 12" sub. this with the proper amp setup (mono amp etc) i believe is a good sounding all round system... dependin on brands used.

Boston Acoustic, Blaupunkt, Clarion & Alpine are up there with the best but generally cost alot more.

shop around and speak to profressionals but it all comes down to budget and what your after... clear crisp sounding audio or hey everyone look! my rear bar and number plate are going to fall off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)