eXeem is coming! (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
thats why i hate BT cause u have to fuckin upload which pisses me off cause uploads are included in the telstra 10g cable limit

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
why not use winMx. that has no ads at all. its only like 700 kbs to download and so far ihavent got 1 single corrupt file using it. use winmx
Because winmx has bugger all files, and when they are available you have to queue for ages.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Soma said:
It's a p2p which uses Bit Torrent technology. The first of its kind.
can someone please explain what bit torrent technology is/does. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

equiski

HSC
BreaKing said:
thats why i hate BT cause u have to fuckin upload which pisses me off cause uploads are included in the telstra 10g cable limit
I don't know what client you are using, but in the newer versions of Azureus you can limit your outgoing bandwidth.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
u people say this file sharing program is new. wouldnt that mean there would be less people using it at this moment?

HSC
yo.
i just downloaded the program and installed it and all
so i try to find a song but the seach results turn up with nothing at all..i try searching the most popular items and still, nothing!...

anyone have a clue why?

EDIT: nevermind...i think it was just my internet connection -_-"

Last edited by a moderator:

equiski

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i think that answers my question. there isnt enough users, yet atleeast.

so this is not so great.

use winmx
Once apon a time winmx was new too, you know. Also, exeem is more suited for bigger (1gig +) files. Don't get me wrong, I love winmx heaps.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Seriously, if you would be better of using bittorent rather that exeem ( for large files).

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
eXeem can't connect to trackers and other non-eXeem bittorrent clients. It can open .torrent files, but that is only for the purpose of finding other people with eXeem to get that file off of. Since Bittorrent only works if heaps of people are sharing the same files, and eXeem is very small still, I think I'll stick with real Bittorrent

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
isn't this exeeeememe thing illegal? As far as I can tell it's p2p, isn't it? Or can you opt to pay for downloads? :D

HSC
Abide said:
isn't this exeeeememe thing illegal? As far as I can tell it's p2p, isn't it? Or can you opt to pay for downloads? :D
P2P as a technology isn't intrinsically illegal, it's the uses to which it's put. Illegal material is also spread through web browsers, it's just technology being used for purposes other than those it was (Allegedly) developed to support.

My understanding is that the reason some individuals and companies get in trouble over their use of various p2p technologies is because it's established that they were reasonably aware of the missuse of their technology and in some cases possibly even supported it.

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
But then why is everyone so hyped about it? I mean, if they're not going to download anything illegally, why not use google? :D
Edit: Thanks for the reply, by the way!

HSC
Abide said:
But then why is everyone so hyped about it? I mean, if they're not going to download anything illegally, why not use google? :D
Edit: Thanks for the reply, by the way!
I guess the thing there is the difference between what it's intended for and what people are excited about using it for :) The technology is developed with legal goals in mind, but somewhere along the way people start thinking about all the other things they could do with it and it gets abused :)

I think a lot of the hype with exeem is to do with the backgrounds of the people developing it, and the goals they have in mind. Essentially how it's meant to turn out, from what I've gathered, is just like bit-torrent, except without the central trackers to store the torrents. This makes it much more decentralised, robust, and if all goes to plan, efficient. As to whether or not anything significant will come of it, we'll have to wait and see, but I think that's why it's getting so much attention :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)