Ever wondered how is the dux of school determined? (1 Viewer)

Joel8945

HSC
The title is pretty self-explainatory:music:
In my school they do it based on estimated mark.
At my old school it was based on how many subjects they duxed in (so usually the person who gets dux of the year level gets dux for say 4 subjects)!

I got my share of dux awards such as a dux award for space science (year 10) and dux of physics (year 11).

In year 12 I basically I got the same study score as our dux for maths methods (which he was beaten by 3 other people) and came second in physics in year 12.

Our dux got an ENTER of 99.45 (10 ENTER points above my ENTER) and did no maths or science.

HSC
Last year the same thing happened at my school and so they gave a joined dux, which is funny because it was obvious the science guy was going to get a higher mark than the humanity guy.
I think it was because a couple of years ago my school made a wrong prediction, lol.:haha:
But this isn't always the case.

hmm4991

HSC
my school hnds out the dux the following year after they find out the highest atar ( gee it feels weird saying atar, so used to uai)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
From Yr 7-11, it was pretty much adding up all the ranks with the lowest total becoming dux - bit unfair, but whatever.

Yr 12 willl be highest ATAR.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Highest ATAR for Year 12 and who ever get the most 'points' from getting 1st, 2nd or 3rd in subjects for all the grades under year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)