Evaluation of Price Points/Price Lining (1 Viewer)

Dreams

HSC
I understand price lining/price point strategy is when you price similar products into similar prices, or price points.

Now my question is, what are the advantages/disadvantages/reasons for using this strategy?

Dreams

HSC
Anyone? Or should I not bother.

I just like knowing the logical reasons behind things and how things work conceptually.

Thats why I HATE MATHS, goddamnit.

"Use this formula"

"why"

"just use it and you get the answer"

"fuck you"

H4wk1n4t0r

HSC
Well, I had no idea, so I turned to Wikipedia.
"Price lining is the use of a limited number of prices for all your product offerings. This is a tradition started in the old five and dime stores in which everything cost either 5 or 10 cents. Its underlying rationale is that these amounts are seen as suitable price points for a whole range of products by prospective customers. It has the advantage of ease of administering, but the disadvantage of inflexibility, particularly in times of inflation or unstable prices."

phoebeee

HSC
Doesn't it just increase accuracy when you're evaluating market objectives? Like, it makes it easier to like, plan sales and like, yeah.

phoebeee

HSC
Perhaps? It's definately! Fool...

ily, like, xo, like, xo.:dog:

Dreams

HSC
this is no time to be thinking about sex phoebe

LIKE, FOCUS ON THE HSC PLZ

>:3

phoebeee

HSC
Omg, like, wtf. You're the dirty-minded one.
:jaw:

Dreams

HSC
i've been studying all day phoebe

MEN HAVE NEEDS

:3

/runs away

PS: give meh your maths notes ^_~

phoebeee

HSC
Excuses excuses. And sorry, I don't have maths notes. Well actually I do but they're allll handwritten. I've kind of neglected maths... I'm going to get like 75 :(

Eddykungfu

HSC
It allows Consumers to both find products quickly, easily/efficiently and also display other products of similar status

For an example, If you go to a watch store, the first thing they ask you, is "How much do you wish to pay?".

If you say >1000, they will bring you to a specific area with Goods such as "Rolex" etc.

If you say Cheap/ <100 they will similarly bring you to the section with the lower-price watches.

phoebeee

HSC
It allows Consumers to both find products quickly, easily/efficiently and also display other products of similar status

For an example, If you go to a watch store, the first thing they ask you, is "How much do you wish to pay?".

If you say >1000, they will bring you to a specific area with Goods such as "Rolex" etc.

If you say Cheap/ <100 they will similarly bring you to the section with the lower-price watches.
That's wicked.

Wicked as in cool! Not the watch store is wicked.

Dreams

HSC
cheers eddy

that makes more sense!

much more helpful than the sexual advances of this phoebe random

phoebeee

HSC
Omg. This is um, anti-discrimination! You're not ethical or legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)