• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eurovision! (1 Viewer)

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
who's watching eurovision this year? Anna Bergendhal (Sweden) sounds pretty good.
[youtube]lj9lMgCaxEI[/youtube]

HSC
Uni Grad
I wont be watching any of them until the night(s) it's on tv, big fan of it though.
Sad thing is I usually am only entertained by like <4 acts though and have to sit through a lot of shit lol.

EDIT: Also I am very happy that I found my favourite band from Eurovision so now I would rather die than miss it, ok maybe not but still.

Last edited:
HSC
When is it even on?

I watched it like once when I was six and two lesbians were singing. That's all I can distinctly remember.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
lol all my friends make fun of me for liking eurovision. What were your favs from last year? Yohanna (Iceland), Chiara (Malta), AySel and Arash (Azer) and Sasha Son (Lith) were mine. it's on the 25th, 27th and 29th of may. Also last year's entry by the ukraine was very very homo.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
usyd better be having a eurovision party down manning bar. Hint hint for BOSers?

EDIT: not quite serious lol.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Eurovision is not what it used to be....hardly anyone sings in their language anymore...

but i do still love it.

Lordi was fucking epic!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I love Eurovision. Many lols to be had.

If I am free the night of the final, I will watch it.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
I agree with mrsajmon23, but if they sing in their own language then England and France will bring in all the votes which isn't fair. They shouldn't get the votes simply cause people understood their lyrics over other countries'.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Some countries like Ukraine were a total joke...i think it was in 2008 or 2009....they had the most ridiculous "act" (don't deserve to be called a band).

I remember my country had a Black singer in 2008 i think, fucking facepalm, no idea wtf they were smoking when they decided on that.

no racist....it's just that Poland is like 100% white and we get a Black guy to represent our country in a European song contest.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Some countries like Ukraine were a total joke...i think it was in 2008 or 2009....they had the most ridiculous "act" (don't deserve to be called a band).

I remember my country had a Black singer in 2008 i think, fucking facepalm, no idea wtf they were smoking when they decided on that.

no racist....it's just that Poland is like 100% white and we get a Black guy to represent our country in a European song contest.
mate the whole thing is a joke, that's why it is so good

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
nawwww it's not all a joke. Some are actually really good. That said, paparizou was the only good thing from greece in a while. Last year's was a stripper, 2008 a bit blah but a step up from a stripper.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
edit @pn

ukraine because they are hilariously terrible every year and have gone from this zany bizarre things to sassy shakira esque divas

definitely going to try and emulate this

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9rJLtz64Hg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9rJLtz64Hg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Oh gosh... last year's was worse though :S

That said, this is epic :D 2007 israel hahaha

[youtube]AI_S0tswjWc[/youtube]

HSC
Uni Grad
Only thing is it doesn't matter so much how 'good' a country is, it's a political thing now, like everyone knew Russia would win in '08 cos it was their 'turn' and what not.
This makes it extremely hard, almost if not impossible to win off ability and how entertaining their piece is.
I remember Norway was favourite from the start last year, not sure if it was cos Europe deemed it 'that good' or cos it was a nordic country's 'turn'.
Not that I give a fuck who wins if I find a decent artist or two, though that doesn't necessarily always happen...

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
edit @pn

ukraine because they are hilariously terrible every year and have gone from this zany bizarre things to sassy shakira esque divas

definitely going to try and emulate this

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9rJLtz64Hg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9rJLtz64Hg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Ukraine pisses me off so badly....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)