Ranks so far with trials coming up next term. My school's ranked 94th
SOR 1U- 7/109
Eng Adv-7-10/64
Chem-5/25
Eco-2/36
Maths 2U-1/75
Maths 3U-4/48
Eng Ext i imagine 15-20/23 but probs won't count
hopefully going to boost my chem rank when the trials are done.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ranks so far with trials coming up next term. My school's ranked 94th
SOR 1U- 7/109
Eng Adv-7-10/64
Chem-5/25
Eco-2/36
Maths 2U-1/75
Maths 3U-4/48
Eng Ext i imagine 15-20/23 but probs won't count
hopefully going to boost my chem rank when the trials are done.
lol Danny!

I reckon high 98 at the moment with those ranks because as of your current marks and ranks I reckon you will get like:

SOR 1 - low Band E4 so like 46
Eng Adv - low Band 6 so like 90-91
Chem - high Band 5 at the moment but you will definitely get Band 6 in HSC
Eco - mid Band 6 - so like 95 or thereabout
Maths - potential state rank so like 98-99
Maths 3 Unit - 47 or thereabout because that was my rank last year and I got about 48
English Ext - not sure...

so if I put that in you should get high 98.

BTW danny, you may want to try harder in Eng Ext just in case because low Band E4 for SOR gives you pretty low scaled mark in comparison to Eng Ext.

JUST put that in at the UAI calculator which gives you about 98.65 ATAR =)

EDIT: You will prob get 99+ if you get like high state rank for 2 unit and fix up SOR/ENGEXT and Chemistry. 1st in the state for 2 unit maths danni! =)

Last edited:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
SOR 1U- 7/109 => 91
Eng Adv-7-10/64 => 89
Chem-5/25 => 89
Eco-2/36 => 93
Maths 2U-1/75 => 96
Maths 3U-4/48 => 93
Eng Ext i imagine 15-20/23 but probs won't count => won't count so not worth putting in:

That gives exactly 98! i'd reckon more midrange 98 because I did sorta under-estimate slightly in most cases.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Although your school doesn't rank that well overall - you've got some pretty freaky people as evidenced by lyounamu. :p

So your ranks are really decent. I guess is the same as Namu's - high 98s to maybe low 99s. But definitely it's a good foundation to build upon for the Trials.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SOR 1U- 7/109 => 91
Eng Adv-7-10/64 => 89
Chem-5/25 => 89
Eco-2/36 => 93
Maths 2U-1/75 => 96
Maths 3U-4/48 => 93
Eng Ext i imagine 15-20/23 but probs won't count => won't count so not worth putting in:

That gives exactly 98! i'd reckon more midrange 98 because I did sorta under-estimate slightly in most cases.
ahaha we guessed quite similarly.

But our current cohort is considered the best our school has ever had so his ranks are very very good. In terms of 2 unit maths marks though, I reckon danni is probably better than what I was last year for 2 unit. I would be surprised if he doesn't get state rank...same thing goes to his 3 unit marks and chem as well.

I personally reckon danni's current ranks don't reflect how good he is in general. He was pretty unlucky with some bullshit tasks like report writing for chem and some stupid essays for eco. He should easily be 2nd in chem and 1st for eco. He should also have higher rank for adv english.

Last edited:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

But our current cohort is considered the best our school has ever had so his ranks are very very good. In terms of 2 unit maths marks though, I reckon danni is probably better than what I was last year for 2 unit. I would be surprised if he doesn't get state rank...same thing goes to his 3 unit marks and chem as well.

I personally reckon danni's current ranks don't reflect how good he is in general. He was pretty unlucky with some bullshit tasks like report writing for chem and some stupid essays for eco. He should easily be 2nd in chem and 1st for eco. He should also have higher rank for adv english.
yeahh i must confess that i didn't check what school he was from when i took the estimate xD Now that i know it was your school maybe I was being a bit stingy =P With the part about the cohort being the best ever, in Girra we say the same thing too. For example, we got more stake rankers in yr 11 atm then the entire yr 12 cohort did! They had 2, we had 3, one chem and two hindi. Plus we have 3 100 estimates and we've never had more than one before. I think most school's are saying this because they'd like to believe it but relative to each other, i think that there won't be much changes. The one deciding factor in this HSC will defitely be English. If Ruse lose their top spot (though unlikely) i'd say it would be down to that. You just can't rely on the people in the past anymore that a lot of us do for our other subs. Tutors cannot be totally relied on because they don't entirely know what is required. We have lots of disputes about what each module wants (my tutor and I that is) and so yeah, i stand by english being the deciding factor. Unless you got many senior english markers, I think rankings won't improve THAT much.

Last edited:

DannyT

HSC

baha oh yeah i dropped from 2nd in adv english and chem last term i was so devastated! i doubt that i can regain that rank for english...assessment in week 1 and no idea what to do! but wow estimates are high..in reality i'd be stoked with 95 or thereabouts.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
baha oh yeah i dropped from 2nd in adv english and chem last term i was so devastated! i doubt that i can regain that rank for english...assessment in week 1 and no idea what to do! but wow estimates are high..in reality i'd be stoked with 95 or thereabouts.
dw danny.

Last chem task was a joke which doesn't test any of your chemistry knowledge (hardly). You should be coming 2nd for chem at the end.

About other subjects, I reckon you might come 1st for eco..def higher for english...1st for 2 unit...may be higher for religion...ye.

I would be surprised if you get below 98 danny. You are very good. haha (potential 99+ material)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pfft, with those ranks, you can get 95 by doing the exams with your hands tied behind your back...

DannyT

HSC
Haha everybody seems confident that I'll do well. I must admit though for maths the assessments are too easy at times. Five people got 100% in the last 3U test!
Anyway thanks for the closure everyone =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)