Essays for exams (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in prelim and I was wondering, how many essays do you have to write in the trials and HSC? Memorising a whole essay, not to even mention memorising multiple essays for one exam, is strenuous enough. Should I stop memorising and remember key points to make up an essay in an exam? It seems pretty hard :uhoh:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh you don't memorise your essay because I think it's stupid, and you just memorise points which you can form on the spot. I know that some people like memorising their essay for re-assurance but to me, it's a waste of memory.

But you write three essays in your Module papers, another one for your AOS and do a creative work. Look at past HSC exams to see what you have to do.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh you don't memorise your essay because I think it's stupid, and you just memorise points which you can form on the spot. I know that some people like memorising their essay for re-assurance but to me, it's a waste of memory.

But you write three essays in your Module papers, another one for your AOS and do a creative work. Look at past HSC exams to see what you have to do.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't listen to this cunt.
3 essays for paper 2, 1 essay and 1 creative for paper 1.
There's also short answer for paper 1 but you can't memorise that.

Aysce

HSC
Shizz.. But wouldn't you waste lots of time trying to think about points and the structure? I'm not too good at english T.T

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This is why you write lots of practice essays to get used to how to integrate points and quotes into your work - and to send those constantly to your teacher to get feedback.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Some work with prepared essays and whilst it works to an extent, you have to be able to manipulate your essay to the given question, which most fail to do.

Others choose to work with a set number of points and relevant quotes/techniques and proceed to answer the question from there.

katefication

HSC
If you're a good enough writer and can make things flow well, then you need only to memorise key points.

Arys

HSC
You really shouldn't memorise whole essays for exams- you've got to answer the question.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
You really shouldn't memorise whole essays for exams- you've got to answer the question.
You can answer the question with a whole prepared essay too - you can keep the sophistication of the prepared essay for most of the essay, and then answer the question.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)