Essay structure? (1 Viewer)

Yoko Hono

HSC
Hi

I was just wondering - are you allowed to have dot points in a legal studies essay? I know you are allowed to for some subjects, I'm just not sure whether you are for legal studies.

Thanks.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You can, but don't expect good marks for it.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
No personally i don't think dot points in a legal studies essay is a good idea as said by Jago you're not gonna get a good mark for it. Cause the marking criteria has a section which says like logical and well structured response etc so with dot points your not going to get into the A range because it's not well structured.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
When referring to legislation it is alright to write like this:
for example:
Consumer laws are regulated by the
The Trade Practices Act
Fair Trading Act
Sales of Goods Act

Then say what you want afterwards

That isnt exactly dotpoints but listing is acceptable

manifestation

What?!
HSC
goan_crazy said:
When referring to legislation it is alright to write like this:
for example:
Consumer laws are regulated by the
The Trade Practices Act
Fair Trading Act
Sales of Goods Act

Then say what you want afterwards

That isnt exactly dotpoints but listing is acceptable
But then again Joe mate listing isn't going to get you much either because you aren't discussing it. If you list it doesn't show your understanding of what the legislation does. You have to integrate as much as you can cause being coherent is important.

monique66

I supoose you could use dot points in an essay PLAN...that's to say you do one at all...

monique66

manifestation said:
I don't get it.....!!! Well damnation you are the queen of well structured responses :)
Hehe :D Nevermind, I'm just being random, you know how that is :eek:
And queen of well structured responses?..Nah! :)
I just got the teacher to read over my assessment like 3 times before i handed it in!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
LCMD need to be intergrated not just thrown in

e.g.

these
The Franklin Dam Case shows that the law and decisions of parliaments can be swayed by society. In this case the majority of society (mainland Australian and politicians) persuaded the government to make a decision to favor the beliefs of the majority of society over the beliefs of the minority of society (i.e. the residents of Tasmania).

amendments to the Sentencing Act have been made to accommodate society’s changing attitudes towards “Battered Women’s syndrome” and other disadvantages convey the legal systems response to society’s changing attitudes.

The recent attempts to change Marriage Legislation aiming to prevent homosexuals and lesbians from getting their marital status recognized in Australian courts by getting married overseas and then bringing case to Australian courts. This is an example of both social and religious beliefs.

The Shaw v. Director of Public Prosecutions (1962) AC 220 (Ladies Director Case) demonstrates the moral influences on the law and its creators – this is and example where an act has been seen by society as immoral and the law has acted.
those are better than this
Anti-Discrimination legislation, including: Anti-Discrimination Act 1977, Affirmative Action (Equal Opportunity for Women) Act 1986 (Cth) and Anti-Discrimination (racial vilification) Act.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
hahahah, people actually do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)