ESL or Advanced

• Advanced.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESL.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MinaDoan

HSC
the ONLY thing that ESL is different from advanced is that when the HSC marker mark you essay, they KNOW eng is your second language. The content is the SAME!
And I know some one who do ESL with an ATAR above 90!!!!! God bless her and I am aiming to that! :)

P.S You should choose Advanced because the greatest mathemati... ----me find out there are more advantages ^^,

mes ami

HSC
the ONLY thing that ESL is different from advanced is that when the HSC marker mark you essay, they KNOW eng is your second language. The content is the SAME!
And I know some one who do ESL with an ATAR above 90!!!!! God bless her and I am aiming to that! :)

P.S You should choose Advanced because the greatest mathemati... ----me find out there are more advantages ^^,
That was so painful to read.

muzeikchun852

HSC

are u doing ESL ?

Salliea

HSC
o_O your school still allows you to change subjects?! wow, isn't it a bit too into the year to allow change?

Anyway! I think it'll be better to continue advanced if you want to achieve an ATAR of 97, but once again, "it 'all' depends on how well you're going with your other subjects" as well. :p

muzeikchun852

HSC
o_O your school still allows you to change subjects?! wow, isn't it a bit too into the year to allow change?

Anyway! I think it'll be better to continue advanced if you want to achieve an ATAR of 97, but once again, "it 'all' depends on how well you're going with your other subjects" as well. :p
but my mark fluctuates a lot. the best i can do is 80% max.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
A lot of universities say that ESL is not considered to be suitable preparation for their programs. Better check this before deciding whether or not to change.

muzeikchun852

HSC
A lot of universities say that ESL is not considered to be suitable preparation for their programs. Better check this before deciding whether or not to change.
thats wat im afraid of.. can anyone check for me ? the course i want to do is Commerce/Art.

sungkwo

HSC
N/A
does suitable preparation mean assume or recommended knowledge ?
As far as I know, universites don't have prerequisites anymore. But anyway, if you going to do arts, it would be better for you to do advanced wouldn't it?

muzeikchun852

HSC
As far as I know, universites don't have prerequisites anymore. But anyway, if you going to do arts, it would be better for you to do advanced wouldn't it?
im only doing languages, not literature.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
does suitable preparation mean assume or recommended knowledge ?
It means you should do at least Standard in order to know how to approach various texts and documents for study as well as how to write essays, papers, do tests etc. Of course not all courses need this but as you're at uni there will be a lot of writing- ESL might not be appropriate. Not sure for commerce/arts

Very few unis have prereqs. I have a friend who did standard and does just fine. Unsure about ESL.

muzeikchun852

HSC
It means you should do at least Standard in order to know how to approach various texts and documents for study as well as how to write essays, papers, do tests etc. Of course not all courses need this but as you're at uni there will be a lot of writing- ESL might not be appropriate. Not sure for commerce/arts
+1. :cry::cry:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Yeah well, prob better to do std/adv for uni prep but ESL is definitely much easier to score high marks in (for ATAR contribution), unless one can ace std/adv anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)