ESL or Advanced

• Advanced.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESL.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

muzeikchun852

HSC
since our school allows us to change our subject for the last time in year 11, im thinking of changing to ESL, since advanced is quite hard (in terms of getting the marks, not the content nor the texts). so here are the pros and cons for both subjects:

advanced:-

pros:
great class.
interesting texts.
great note.

cons:
the teacher is extremely bitchy (everyone hate her)
hard to get good marks (>85%)

ESL:

pros:
easy texts.

cons:
the teacher is crap as well.
average is extremely low on the half-yrly. - 46/100

ESL or Advanced ?

mes ami

HSC
do advanced. seriously. practice practice practice. Advanced isnt really hard once you figure out the "formula" for marks.
download some decent essays from this site and take note of their structure and style. you cant move back up once you pick ESL. Also, why don't they offer standard?

muzeikchun852

HSC
do advanced. seriously. practice practice practice. Advanced isnt really hard once you figure out the "formula" for marks.
download some decent essays from this site and take note of their structure and style. you cant move back up once you pick ESL. Also, why don't they offer standard?
our school do offer standard. but the students and the alignment is crap. so im not going to consider standard. furthermore, im eligible for ESL.

mes ami

HSC
ESL is mind numbingly boring and shit.
I didn't do well in advanced during year 11. i was getting like 11/15's and i was like fuck im going to do so shit i should drop. By the hsc i was on A's. just put in some work.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
since our school allows us to change our subject for the last time in year 11, im thinking of changing to ESL, since advanced is quite hard (in terms of getting the marks, not the content nor the texts). so here are the pros and cons for both subjects:
eng adv is hard in terms of getting the marks? but you find the content or texts okay?

Chances are, you aren't understanding the content/themes/texts well enough

Advanced is a lot of work.. but the rewards are great

tricky situation.. I'd persevere for now if i were you.

My other advice to you is what mes ami said; take a look at Band 6 essay responses.. study them and examine a variety of essays taking note of their sophistication and ideas/structure

mes ami

HSC
ugh lol.

well if he is guaranteed first place in ESL and a high high external mark then yes go for that.

muzeikchun852

HSC
ESL is mind numbingly boring and shit.
I didn't do well in advanced during year 11. i was getting like 11/15's and i was like fuck im going to do so shit i should drop. By the hsc i was on A's. just put in some work.
eng adv is hard in terms of getting the marks? but you find the content or texts okay?

Chances are, you aren't understanding the content/themes/texts well enough

Advanced is a lot of work.. but the rewards are great

tricky situation.. I'd persevere for now if i were you.

My other advice to you is what mes ami said; take a look at Band 6 essay responses.. study them and examine a variety of essays taking note of their sophistication and ideas/structure
would it be a good thing if i change to ESL and i dont have to work so hard to get a better mark than im having now (60-70%)? because im not an english person, and i dont really like the subject anyway. is there any consequences of doing ESL ? wat kind of modules do u work through in ESL ?

mes ami

HSC
thats the problem. i dont even know the content of ESL. confused.
look up the rubric ?
Lol. You will find most ESL students cheat and produce plagiarized essays that are better than half of the advanced students. they bomb out in the externals and you get half their shitty mark.

muzeikchun852

HSC
yeah you are in year 11. Just wait and see how fucking competitive everyone gets in year 12. even the shit students do.
its kind of competitive now. since everyone is working their arse off. (kind of off topic) :uhhuh::uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)