Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
As far as I know corporate tax has been sorted it out. But other groups may differ.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
seremify007 said:
Tsk tsk... that's why they took wireless cards away from undergrads :(
Wireless cards? What cards? :p. We don't get wireless cards :(. I'm in the office a lot, so yeh, I meant using it there :D

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
How many people do they tend to take in for Vac? and once they are offered positions, how many more get through the graduate recruitment at EY?

apprentice63

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much Partners earn. For example, how much a partner would earn at one of the 'Big4', as well as in a Mid-tier firm!
Thanks in advance

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Jase do EY have SameTime ...i.e. the IBM Lotus SameTime...=D??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
apprentice63 said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much Partners earn. For example, how much a partner would earn at one of the 'Big4', as well as in a Mid-tier firm!
Thanks in advance
Partners can earn anywhere between $200,000 to multi millions per year

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
lucky folks! they get more than our trainee salaries per month! Good on em! gives us something to look forward to! :)

pottsy44

HSC
Minai said:
Partners can earn anywhere between $200,000 to multi millions per year
yea id say most are just on $200,000 bases and the rest would be bonuses + incentives + shares.

turtleface

HSC
pottsy44 said:
yea id say most are just on $200,000 bases and the rest would be bonuses + incentives + shares.
according to a 2005 survey, the equity partners at big 4 get base salary before bonuses of $500,000+ (though some people disagree with this)
Also I don't think there are such things as shares because they aren't companies.

jon0_o

HSC
they are companies, just not listed companies ... so in terms of shares, they don't have traditional ASX listed shares but I think they mean just a share of the profits, rather than part of the company which you can sell off.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
From my understanding, they are a limited liability partnership (LLP) made up of several private companies. So, while Ernst & Young by name is a partnership, there are a number of companies registered under that name (like Ernst & Young Services P/L which is the one I work under).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
pottsy44 said:
In fact the average earnings for a partner in my division at Ernst & Young is about $700,000 (quoted from a staff meeting held a few weeks ago).

pottsy44

HSC
Minai said:
In fact the average earnings for a partner in my division at Ernst & Young is about $700,000 (quoted from a staff meeting held a few weeks ago).
is that 'total remuneration' or 'base' though? bc if you add all of my factors in you could easily get $700,000 total remuneration or more or whatever depending on many factors. ie experience, time in the position, etc.

turtleface

HSC
jon0_o said:
they are companies, just not listed companies ... so in terms of shares, they don't have traditional ASX listed shares but I think they mean just a share of the profits, rather than part of the company which you can sell off.
As Jasee said, they operate a "service trust" company (i think its for employee payroll and stuff to save on things like tax), but the actual firm is not a company.

In the UK, US etc they are LLPs as Jasee said. I dunno about here, its all a bit confusing. Accounting firms aren't allowed to incorporate along with law firms, but recent changes in legislation allow the Audit divisions to incorporate under strict conditions (but in reality noone really has)

There is one big accounting company, Investor Group, which is ASX listed, but thats sort of like a big holding company with many subsidiary firms which aren't companies (I don't think)...its all too confusing for me)

lilou

HSC
hi everyone!! who on this thread is currently (or recently) a trainee at Ernst and Young? Anyone about to start next year as a trainee or graduate?
This thread is amazing, wow, 74 pages!! (unfortunately I haven't read it all yet! lol)!
I just thought it'd be great to hear from people who are about to start like me...or who have excellent advice for us newbies!!
Post away or pm me if you have anything to share!
Thanks!!

addz

HSC
hey minai..i think i'm your summer vac buddy
haven't posted here for ages..but yea..remembered your name
lol

lilou

HSC
oz_rocker said:
Im starting next year!!! horray!
jesiii and oz_rocker....are you guys starting as graduates or trainees?

which divisions will you be in??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)