• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
A waste of what exactly?

I'd rather wear my school uniform... or some sort of uniform. After you accumulate lots of work clothes as you do with casuals you waste half your morning trying to work out what to wear. But I can understand... you guys are gonna be in a honeymoon period for another year at least.
You mean we are gonna get lots of hot sex!?!?!?! Woooot :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
A waste of what exactly?

I'd rather wear my school uniform... or some sort of uniform. After you accumulate lots of work clothes as you do with casuals you waste half your morning trying to work out what to wear. But I can understand... you guys are gonna be in a honeymoon period for another year at least.
A waste of all the pretty clothes i bought! :D:D:D

Ahhh meads...and the real motives come out....:D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
As the case is with school... if you want it it's always available. You just have a bigger pool to choose from :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
8 years? I'm rather confunded.
Isnt it 4?

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ishq said:
8 years? I'm rather confunded.
Isnt it 4?
well it depends whether you elected to do a single or a double degree...as a matter of fact, regardless of whether your doing a single or a double, you should of noted in your contract that you are signing for more than 4 years. A single degree trainee has signed for 6 years, and a double degree has signed for 8 years. The 2 extra years added on are the years of work you owe the company after they have paid you grants for 2 years for doing nothing. lol. Please tell me you noted this in your contract ish?

ishq

brown?
HSC
ermmm...*cough*..well...*looks sheepish*
I really was under the impression that I was signing it for 2 years - after that I can choose to take the grant - right? The 4 years i said above was taking ur double degree into account - i just doubled mine...of course I am rather wrong.
I should really read the small print when im playing with my future.

Oh well, at least im on the top floor.

Btw - people - did you know that sydney uni has part time classes? its in th UAC guide...so why arent we allowed to go there?

know_it_all

ishq said:
ermmm...*cough*..well...*looks sheepish*
I really was under the impression that I was signing it for 2 years - after that I can choose to take the grant - right? The 4 years i said above was taking ur double degree into account - i just doubled mine...of course I am rather wrong.
I should really read the small print when im playing with my future.

Oh well, at least im on the top floor.

Btw - people - did you know that sydney uni has part time classes? its in th UAC guide...so why arent we allowed to go there?
usyd has part time but im not sure they have nite time classes...

n yeh ishq its not 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Sydney Uni also have a very inflexible timetabling system, and yeah the lack of night streams for some subjects mean that you'd be crazy to go to USyd while being a cadet

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I think there is a false impression that you're "bound" for six years. You're really bound for four years... you can choose not to take the grant/book allowance so you have nothing to pay back if you decide to leave after graduating. Alternatively, you can take the grant/book allowance and return those amounts if you do decide to leave after graduating. You can also opt to, like some of us, take on three subjects instead of two during your part time study in order to finish your degree earlier. You'll finish your degree in 3.5 years and therefore be bound by six months less as it is pro-rata.

Don't forget, if you do leave you'll perhaps be leaving for a better opportunity somewhere else and if the competing firm really wants you then they may even pay your outstanding book allowance/grant.

It's not recommended to leave straight after graduating if you intend to do your CA... you may as well stick it out for your CA as you'll have a wealth of information and a support network.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Not to mention that the firm will usually pay for your CA

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Minai said:
Not to mention that the firm will usually pay for your CA
Well yeah but I think as part of the requirements you're supposed to work under CA's as well as study for your exams and most firms will pay for your CA.

padutz

HSC
i just got the phone call yesterday that i got accepted into HLB Mann Judd... so excited :D

carts

cameron
HSC
Congrats...i got a call from HLB too...im so happy

Now i have to choose between exchange and cadetship?!?!?

padutz

HSC
carts said:
Congrats...i got a call from HLB too...im so happy

Now i have to choose between exchange and cadetship?!?!?
congratulations... wat section will u be working in?

carts

cameron
HSC
Im hoping for business services...what about you??

I think that HLB seems like a great place to work...nice people

padutz

HSC
carts said:
Im hoping for business services...what about you??

I think that HLB seems like a great place to work...nice people
yer they said that id also be in business service... ay do you have msn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)