Epilators (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
I bought one the other day when i was doing chrissy shopping (prezzie for me!)

anyway i just tried it out and im less than impressed.

After ALOT of shopping around and research i decided the Braun Silk Perfection Easy Start was the best option. (the purple one)

God damn it!

HURTS LIKE A DAMN BITCH!

like i knew it was going to hurt but this is insane!

i usually wax so im used to the pain, but this was so prolonged!

i tried the slow speed with all the gimmiky pain reducers..they did jack all so i just ripped them off and went up to full speed...

ugh

It doesnt feel as smooth as waxing, at all, i have little red bumps near my ankle and knee, and it still tingles just a little.

Not happy.

Good thing it say a 60 day trial offer, i doubt im gonna keep this piece of shit.

HSC
N/A
I was also looking at getting an epilator recently, after getting a professional wax dnoe on my legs... the hair started growing back after a week! Not impressed (and I'm a wimp with pain, too).

I've heard that epilators hurt like hell. Now that a BOSer has confirmed this, looks like I won't be getting an epilator... I could barely stand waxing :(

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i love epilators. its because of epilators that i no longer grow underarm hair at all! yes, it does hurt like a bitch, but grit your teeth and bear it and you'll find its not so hard after all.

i hardly feel it at all now, ive been epilating for 3 years.
the hardest part is the back of the knees. that pain never goes away.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
no trust me, dont get rid of it, they are seriouly the best things since sliced bread. i have been using mine on and off for ages and just like sex the first time is the worst ;). but seriously after a few goes you wont regret it, i have virtually no hair on the back of my legs now, and the hair i do have is really extremely fine..i can get away without using it for like 6 weeks as well

HSC
Funny, I actually did mine again with an epilator after a couple of years of not using it but im just scared of getting heaps of ingrown hairs........hate those suckers! but you do definately get used to it, you'll get to a stage where u wont even feel the pain apart from sensitive areas like Alleycat said. Mine grows back so quickly though even with using the epilator regularly, alot of the time after one week which sucks but thats how waxing is for me.

Pierotte

HSC
hmmm

hell i might even try do my other leg...

but its gonna be a hell of a long time before this sucker goes anywhere near my arm pit, shit, i cant think of anything more painfull!

bex

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I was also looking at getting an epilator recently, after getting a professional wax dnoe on my legs... the hair started growing back after a week! Not impressed (and I'm a wimp with pain, too).

I've heard that epilators hurt like hell. Now that a BOSer has confirmed this, looks like I won't be getting an epilator... I could barely stand waxing :(

if its the first time you waxed after shaving for ages then its going to grow back quickly.. you have to continue waxing so that the hair becomes finer etc

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I was going to go buy an epilator in the post-Christmas sales but they looked so frightening that I decided I don't need one after all.

Pierotte

HSC
Ok well last night i mustured up the courage to use it again

and um this time it kindof didnt hurt that much...
and no red bumps this time

just sleek smooth legs.
but it still wasnt as smooth as waxing.
So i got out an old silky mit and went over my legs. Worked a treat and it should prevent and ingrowns i guess.

but theres NO WAY that it lasted 4 weeks... maybe i did something wrong?
Like it doesnt last nearly as long as waxing.
But on the plus side it even gets tiny little hairs that u cant even really see yet.\

So yeah. Theyre not as evil as my original post implied.

I will keep ye all updated.

X

xeuyrawp

AlleyCat said:
the hardest part is the back of the knees. that pain never goes away.
You have hair on the back of your knees? *Tries to look at the back of his knees*

HSC
I'm looking to invest in a epilator after much thought, pain or no pain, i just want smooth legs and not have to shave/wax every 1-2 weeks.

Which epilators do all you girls use, or recommend?

Always

HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
I'm looking to invest in a epilator after much thought, pain or no pain, i just want smooth legs and not have to shave/wax every 1-2 weeks.

I use an Emjoi Gently Gold Caress. It's cordless which is really handy and works well imo. Looks good as well which is a bonus.

HSC
thecurtainfalls said:

i use the Braun Silk Epil. i wouldnt know what to recomment cos thats the onli one ive ever tried. but i think its safe to say they all kill like hell :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe go straight back to the shop. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Epilating is not for you!

HSC
Do the more expensive ones give a better result? Ive got an old skool epilady lol and it doesnt work properly anymore and I was thinking of the emjoi gold ultimate but its $130, do you think itd be much the same as earlier model emjoi golds? I definately want one that works on short hair - damn fast hair growth lol.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
really everyone give it a go. after a few goes it is nothing, and it so much less of a hassle then waxing or shaving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)