Epilators (1 Viewer)

HSC
grk_styl said:
They've been advertising Emjoi a lot lately and it's got me thinking. I'm considering getting Laser Hair Removal or an epilator (big difference in price, i know). I just wanted to know 2 things:

1) has anyone tried it on their bikini? just how much does it hurt there? and
2) does it cause ingrowns??

1) The pain isn't too bad - about the same as on my thighs, but then I find that far more painful then under my arm. When I tried I got a whole lot of little bumps

2) I get ingrowns even though I loofa, but then not that many, an donly in certain spots

HSC
I just got the Emjoi Ultimate, I did my underarms and omg!!!! They still hurt and it was hours ago. Its so hard to do on the underarms because even when you hold the skin taut it still pinches abit.

karoooh

HSC
I use Braun too (yellow)... Can't remember how much - My sister bought it for me about 3 years ago... I don't find the pain too unbearable, but I'm still not brave enough to venture to my underarms with the thing! One day... :p

I don't mind waxing either, but as Ranger Stacie said $$$.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i bought the pink braun one

it killed a bit doing my armpits but ill wait and see how it goes

edit/ maybe i suck but it didnt get all the hair on my legs? can someone tell me how to epilate my legs properly

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
babydoll_ said:

edit/ maybe i suck but it didnt get all the hair on my legs? can someone tell me how to epilate my legs properly
its really hard tog et all of the hairs, for stubborn hairs the best way is to just keep moving the epilator on a circle on it. it depends how long the hair is though- some are just impossible

Pierotte

HSC
Well my 60 day trial is up

Im keeping the stupid thing

Theres nothing miraculous about it but it its ok.

But the 4 week thing is a joke, for some reaosn it just doesnt last nearly as long as waxing?

I seem to do it once a week, just on the odd little hairs that appear, i mean theyre hardly noticeable but im obsessive...

Oh yes and i did try it out on my arm pit. Yeah it was hella quick and easy. And didnt hurt TOOOOOO bad, i swear the first time i did my legs its hurt more.

Oh and it hardly hurts my legs anymore, seriously.

Pierotte

HSC
Well my 60 day trial is up

Im keeping the stupid thing

Theres nothing miraculous about it but it its ok.

But the 4 week thing is a joke, for some reaosn it just doesnt last nearly as long as waxing?

I seem to do it once a week, just on the odd little hairs that appear, i mean theyre hardly noticeable but im obsessive...

Oh yes and i did try it out on my arm pit. Yeah it was hella quick and easy. And didnt hurt TOOOOOO bad, i swear the first time i did my legs its hurt more.

Oh and it hardly hurts my legs anymore, seriously.

miss_m

HSC
babydoll_ said:

I just bought the pink braun one too and I'm having trouble getting all the hairs too.
I know everybody said it hurt alot when you first use it but woah i was not prepared for that!! Thank god it gets better. It's gonna take me a while to get to my underarms!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
well the underarms definitely hurt a bit, but 1 week later its grown out the tiniest bit and from what i can see its definitely finer, and my leg hair seems sparser too

go team epilator :confused:

Skeeta

HSC
about the epilading the bikini line - i would imagine that it would hurt like all hell

i'd be too scared to go brazillian with it, because i can imagine my vagina being sucked into it vacuum/blender style

yeouch!.. i think i'll stick to waxing for that area lol

froggy_chik87

HSC
honestly, i tried epilating my bikini line last week before i went to hamilton island, and it really didn't hurt at all!!

i do have a hint for all of you who don't lyk the sound...put your ipod on and listen to it, and turn it up fairly loud, you will barely be able to hear it, and it wont seem as scary!

i did get 3 ingrowns, but normally i get hundreds from shaving!!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
who's found the best (least painful, etc) for areas like armpits/bikini?

i've got my mum's old epilady with a dodgy metal coil to get the hairs with and it's huge. i dont think i'll touch anywhere but my legs with it - it's hard enough doing the bits around my knees (and it sucks on my knees too), and it doesnt even pick up some of my black leg hairs. i think i might have to invest in something that isnt an ancient brick.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Skeeta said:
about the epilading the bikini line - i would imagine that it would hurt like all hell

i'd be too scared to go brazillian with it, because i can imagine my vagina being sucked into it vacuum/blender style

yeouch!.. i think i'll stick to waxing for that area lol

you would have to be an absolute nutcase to do a braziliian with it

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
a bit random, but i didnt wanna start a new thread.

after you get a brazilian, how long do you guys wait to do exercise?

Skeeta

HSC
havent really thought about it, but i doubt id exercise that day

even when u wax ur legs, and then u exercise/get sweaty you get that funky red dotty rash

i dont want that there!!

i'd wait a day or two i suppose, but i dont do much structured exercise

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Skeeta said:
havent really thought about it, but i doubt id exercise that day

even when u wax ur legs, and then u exercise/get sweaty you get that funky red dotty rash

i dont want that there!!

i'd wait a day or two i suppose, but i dont do much structured exercise

my wax lady told me not to go to the gym today, but i really want to go tommorow early before uni and im not sure if it will be ok/

Skeeta

HSC
i mean.. its not gonna fall off or anything.. just might get a bit dotty - but generally thats just from heat

you'd probably be ok if you go 2morrow, coz it will calm down a bit while you sleep

but wax lady knows best!

Lizcat

HSC
hopefully no one goes "EWWWWW"

but i have never ever ever shaved, waxed, epilated or done anything to get rid of the hairs on my legs (except sometimes i pluck some individually with my tweesters)
but the reason behind all this is because my parents (expecially my mum) wont let me at all.
sometimes its extremely frustrating.. coz my mum shows me her legs.. and their like COMPLETELY hairless. its like the back of your arm.. (nothing, no hair and completely smooth)

incase that u might think "do u have like extremely LONG HAIRY legs" the answer is NO!.. :) haha
i always talk to my friends about this.. and they always say that they can not see the hairs on my legs.. and they always say that im hairless.. and some of my friends cant even believe that ive never waxed or shaved b4.

but to mee... i see the hairs on my legs all the time.. and to me its really noticable.
my mum says that if i do shave or wax.. then the hair on my legs will be thick and gross.. coz right now thier soft.. but i have black hair, so i dunno if its noticable to other peoples..

my friend suggested bleaching my hair.. but my parents are also against dyed hair!!..

no win /win situation for me!
just lose/ lose

(and bcoz i cant do anything to my legs.. i dont wear any skirts or shorts.. and i really want to)

Skeeta

HSC
if you shave, or use a delipatory cream (sp?) the hair will tend to grow back coarser and darker

however if you wax/epilade the hair will grow back finer and eventually stops (well thats the theory anyway)

Lizcat

HSC
i dunno if thats true.. but i want it to be..
like the hairs on my legs are really really fine already and the longest is like 1cm most are less than 1cm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)