Enrolments for semester 2 (1 Viewer)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
I'm having a bit of difficulty adding units for next semester...I wanted to change a unit to another but it'll only allow me to withdraw from the initial unit...but not add ahhhh!!!!!!!! :( boo hoo. Any one have these issues as well?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
ehh its says 19th of july read!
ADD UNITS HERE FROM 19TH OF JULY

HSC
N/A
Tried contacting e-student support? There's a number somewhere, and even a room.. it's like C5C 213 or something (the IT help staff would know for sure).

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
Tried contacting e-student support? There's a number somewhere, and even a room.. it's like C5C 213 or something (the IT help staff would know for sure).
Or you can just fill out the online form, and they get back to you within a couple of working hours.

HSC
N/A
true, but that's not as fun as trying to find a real person, and discovering that almost no-one other than Sandie and a handful of SES people actually know where everything is :p And even when you find something... it tends to move. Or when you think something's finished, it's not. Has anyone else noticed they're digging up Wally's Walk again?!!?!

Although you're right, online forms are by far the best way to go. :)

lexie85

HSC
can we do class enrolments now ? or am i running late and its been open for a while now

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
lexie85 said:
can we do class enrolments now ? or am i running late and its been open for a while now
-_- i mentioned in the second post it was 19th
so yes its open for a while now

Snooty

HSC
Is there any way to enrol in a full class? :mad1:

I dont wanna have to go all the way to Mac for a 1 hour tute on a friday..so im wondering if i can somehow get into a class with "places available: 0"?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Generally what you can do is:
1. Enrol in the tute you can but approach your tutor and explain your situtation, if they can they will usually let you in.
2.Enrol in the tute you can, go to it for the first week and check estudent as often as you can, people usually drop out in the first 1-2 weeks and then swap.

Question: Has anyone been in the situation where the system says they do not have the requistite number of credit points when they have, and when they ask e student support they tell you to get a waiver? I was told to get a waiver but when I took it in they said it will take 2-3 days which means I will have to go back and I am still not enrolled. How long does this usually take and do they put your waiver into estudent so I can then enrol.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
Question: Has anyone been in the situation where the system says they do not have the requistite number of credit points when they have, and when they ask e student support they tell you to get a waiver? I was told to get a waiver but when I took it in they said it will take 2-3 days which means I will have to go back and I am still not enrolled. How long does this usually take and do they put your waiver into estudent so I can then enrol.
Doesn't matter, so long as a) you go to class, b) you're enrolled in the class by census date, and c) the convener and tutor know so they can still keep track of your attendance, marks, participation, etc, despite you not being on the official roll.

So yeah, just make sure the tutor and convener are 100% informed. They deal with this stuff all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
My only concern is if they don't understand why I need the waiver and don't grant it because the office lady just took my form and I didn't get to explain it. Even I thought it was weird needed a waiver when I have actually met the requirements.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
My only concern is if they don't understand why I need the waiver and don't grant it because the office lady just took my form and I didn't get to explain it. Even I thought it was weird needed a waiver when I have actually met the requirements.

X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
My only concern is if they don't understand why I need the waiver and don't grant it because the office lady just took my form and I didn't get to explain it.
Don't understand what you mean?

You're concerned that they took your form and may not accept it, because you never got a chance to explain?

Even I thought it was weird needed a waiver when I have actually met the requirements.
Er, me too... If you're 100% you've met the requirements, maybe contact eStudent and get them to open it up for you? Try bugging them about the waiver first, though.

I remember having to put a waiver form in twice. :(

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
First question, yes because I don't believe people usually ask for waivers when they have met the requirements.

Second, asked estudent online and went in and asked them in person and both times I was told to get a waiver and give it to them. They reckon it is something to do with it not recognising my advanced standing.

Lol its not the first time my enrolment has been screwy, hopefully it will be worked out b4 uni starts because I am a stress head and like everything ready and organised.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yeah I think I had a similar problem melsc. If you have done the number of cp required, they will accept it. If not, talk to them next time you go there, there shouldn't be problems. Might take a few days for the waiver, you might want to follow up after a few days. Estudent support might take about 2 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)