Enrolment Day (1 Viewer)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Sounds sensible.

Is note taking a must in nursing lectures or is most of the stuff the teacher says is in the textbook? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if I should buy a notebook for each subject or one of those 5 subject notebooks... do you think they 5 sub notebook would be filled up quickly or what....

HSC
I got through the whole yr using one 3 subject notebook (had dividers in it) and then ripped the papers out and put them in a folder together with my lec notes and lab work etc. I mostly just print out the lec notes take them to the lec and write all over them according to what slide they're talking about hence its easier to follow when typing study notes or studying directly off them. But yea a 5 sub notebook should be fine, it shouldnt get too full. :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
:) ok

Just wondering if you can become a nurse manager with a bachelor degree alone. Grade 9 in where the money is haha lol....btw does grade refer to years of experience?

HSC
lol yea im assuming grades are yrs of experience. Usually ppl who are like higher up the heirarchy have yrs of experience or something else behind them but thats what i assume not actually sure about it...

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Enrolled today.... took around 3 hrs! and KrG doesnt have great air con either... lol

didnt make any friends today.... nor did I even really talk to anyone! *headesk*

HSC
wooo welcome to uts officially now lol :D

yea hahha i memba it was a stinking hot day when i enrolled too and it was horrible out there... and the train was no better lol

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Yay I'm a UTS kid now! lol!
Somehow KrG looks like the place where its always a stinking hot day! hehe

Ugh I hate my id card!... just got my serology today. Can i ask is a serology test sufficient to say I am vaccinated against, say, MMR so I dont have to get the doses?

Also, I was wondering if the broadway campus is open during uni holidays?

And lastly lol, I missed out on ordering that nursing essential pack equipment b/c it was closed.. do you know where else I can order it from? Coop? And do I really need that kit with the stethscope in it that costs like $110?

Last edited:
HSC
Yeps the city campus should be open cause there is summer school etc on

Serology is good as that is what your facilitator will ask u for as proof when checking our immunisation card.

Umm i bought the pack stuff like the stethoscope, scissors etc at the coop near broadway shopping centre as thats the medical one. The stuff comes in useful during the year in the labs and on prac etc

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ Ah that helped me out heaps! thanks!! :) :)

hey since the uniform has changed for 08, does that mean you guys have to get the new uniform or do you stick to your white shirts? And are the pants still the same as always as well as the skirts?

ntl07

HSC
N/A
Are serology's taking on the day or by your doctor? How much money will we need to bring on the day of enrolment?

HSC
Umm nah they didnt realy even mention new uniforms to us only one tutor during a class, but we dont have to change pretty sure....

Serology is a blood test and it can be taken by ur doc or like going to a pathology place, just depends on ur doc.

Oh Shanti i was at the broadway coop today getting a text and i checked out there stethoscopes and stuff and there is quite a bit of stuff there :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ really!? I went there and they said they didnt have anything left! Like, I had to wait till the stuff comes in and then I can order.... wtf?

Got my Hep B today...:( lol. tomorrow dtp.

Everyone keeps on saying the mantoux test has a really long booking line. Called 3 days ago and getting it done nxt week.... Im hoping the lady heard me say mantoux booking. -_-

Last edited:
HSC
hahaha lol dw the injections become second nature its fine :p

Yea heaps of ppl couldnt get in for ages to do the mantoux, but i guess that may be because they left it for a while.

Yea the broadway medical based coop up near the shopping centre has the stuff unless they sold out on yest:S. Thats where i went last yr and got all my prac stuff. The coop down near uts i dont think had any of it but im not sure :S

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
upright said:
Stop being a baby! ;-)
I'm trying! :rofl: I forced myself to watch the needle go in... not too bad :cool:

Georgie, do you mean the one on harris street or another one?

HSC
The other one its like up near the shopping centre at broadway if u know where that is... u keep walking past the uni and all the way up to the corner where an oportos is, turn right there then all the way down ull see a bookstore and yea thats it :p there is a stand at the front of the store with like stethoscopes and that... dw u can get this stuff when u go to uni its not urgent stuff uve got a few weeks till clinical so its all good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)