Enrolment Day (1 Viewer)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Enrolment/Orientation/Everything Else

So I think its Tuesday 29th January between 11:30am to 4:00pm at KrG Campus for Enrolment.

On the day, I know we're suppose to bring 100 point ID, and maybe money for uniform.

Anything else?

And for Orientation day, do the city students go to the KrG campus Orientation day?

Last edited:

gracie007

HSC
im going at 9am on the tuesday (earliest session) you get an email in ur webmail confirming which enrollment time you chose, and down the bottom of that email is a list of stuff you have to bring on enrollment day, inc. that email printout.
but last year when i started doing science, they basically dont ask for anything except to see your acceptance letter/email printout. they dont really mind too much. but still bring everything just incase, but dont full stress if u forget something :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
AH ok I see it... just found the webmail thingy lol

I'm so nervous about making friends... I'm not good in social settings !

Can we view our timetable yet?

Last edited:

ntl07

HSC
N/A
Going at 1pm on Tuesday, :D yeah i'm worried about not being able to make friends too, but we're all in the same position :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
I was going to go at 1pm Tues but decided 12pm... does it really matter which session we turn up to?

HSC
All the sessions turn into nothing lol the line was so big last year just to start the enrolling process where they check your name off the 11am session turned into like the 12 one :p

Dw, making friends will come easily when you actually start classess. On the enrolment days etc you tend to just meet ppl randomly in the lines so yea...

Also bring cash for books if you want to get them there, because i know they had the pack of 4 books that you use all yr (and throughout the course) on sale at the KG coop and also like stethoscopes etc. With uniforms i think they only take credit cards there if you wanna put in your forms (if its the same as last yr) but you can try the stuff on, see how it fits and take an order form and post it to them, thats what i did...

Goodluck guys!!

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Argh... nothing worse than waiting in a queue.

Text books seems to be the most important thing to me in terms of spending money on. Do they sell 2nd hand books and is Coop bookstore the cheapest place to buy them?

Also, is it worth joining that student union thingy?

HSC
Ummm u can try the second hand book shop i think theres one at the city campus, and i dont know of any other bookstores that sell these books but u could try and get the booklist when uni goes back and search around....

gracie007

HSC
No def dont join the student union. its a rip off and bascailly noone's in it.

there are all sorts of places to get cheap textbooks. websites/second hand shops and there are usually a lot of posters ppl put up at uni advertising their selling of old books. its prob best to wait till classes, because sometimes the lecturers say its not essential to have certain books, or that they have spare copies u can use, etc etc/share with other people, so theres no point in buying them all straight away coz u could end up wasting money or finding them 2nd hand! thats just my view anyway!!

im also going to the earliest enrollment session because then u can pick and choose the best time slots for all ur lessons so that they dont fill up and u get all the dodgy ones :S thats what happened to me last year in science, so now i wanna get it right and get a great timetable!

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Argh....12pm isnt that late is it for enrolment? I want to get morning classes so do you think they'll all be taken up by then?

Having a panic attack right now... I get stressed easily.

Last edited:
HSC
dw at the enrolment day they show u how to start enrolling in ur subs in the comp labs but u dont get the time to do all ur subs, so u go home and do it (well that was how it was last yr).

So yea as long as u get it done that day u should be fine :) I enrolled that night and got all my morning classes i wanted :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
hehe thnx

You could say that I'm...well.... socially retarded lol so is enrolment or orientation a good time to start making friends? For enrolment, should I bring my mum or is everyone mostly by themselves? b/c I'd hate to be the one who brought their mum and everyone is making friends on that day haha maybe im overthinking this. I guess thats what 2 months of freedom and doing nothing has made me lol

Also, Im having second thoughts. Once we enrol, can we accept late round offers from other unis and cancel from the one we enrolled in?

Last edited:
HSC
lol, ummm i just went on my own to the enrolment as i didnt want to drag anyone along with me lol I kinda talked to a few ppl in the lines or when we were waiting around but yea alot were going to the KG campus or were doing the like fast-tracked EN to RN course (can't memba the exact name lol). A few ppl also already knew each other from school/other ppl etc

Dw ull be fine :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Indeed.

Hey, can I ask what you brought on your first day of Uni.... did you buy textbooks and bring them or just a lecture pad and pen and the teacher tells you what to buy?

HSC
first class was patho so i just brought my pencil case and a notebook, we got a workbook there and also got told what textbook we would need for that class

upright

HSC
N/A
shanti96 said:
Indeed.

Hey, can I ask what you brought on your first day of Uni.... did you buy textbooks and bring them or just a lecture pad and pen and the teacher tells you what to buy?
If I remember correctly, in first year, I bought the text books at the end of the first week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)