Enrollment (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Hey I need info about enrollment day/academic session. does anyone know how long it might take? And exactly what happens that day?

= Jennifer =

HSC
It takes about 2-3 hours if I remember correctly. They tell you all about course unit structure and requirements, etc.

You will also have to fill out an enrolment form, hecs form, transport concession (if needed) and a few other forms which i can not recall.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Do we get a new concession thingy, coz my one from highschool is nearly dead.

Also do we take an ID card photo at the uni? my friend whose going to syd had to bring a photo?

jubs_

HSC
What the friggin bujeebus? 3 hours? Min starts at 5 and it takes an hour to get home so I'll be home at 9? Bummer.

I too am also wondering about the photo id thing.

Kulazzi

HSC
jubs_ said:
What the friggin bujeebus? 3 hours? Min starts at 5 and it takes an hour to get home so I'll be home at 9? Bummer.
yeah, I live about an hour away as well. My parents almost didn't believe me when I told them I had to go all the way to penrith for enrolment :rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Mine took like 30 minutes, mind you that was yonks ago, and there werent many people enrolling.

Mel, you get a student concession sticker on your id card.

0Jade0

HSC
Question:

Does enrolment etc usually start on time? Would it be a big problem if I came about 15 minutes late? (blame Westbus!) :confused:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't think that it would matter that much, they usually don't start on time. At uni everyone is always late and nothing starts on time :p

j_davo24

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
It takes about 2-3 hours if I remember correctly. They tell you all about course unit structure and requirements, etc.

You will also have to fill out an enrolment form, hecs form, transport concession (if needed) and a few other forms which i can not recall.
I think that depends on the complexities of your degree. Mine took about 45mins from what I remember. That was last year B Bus (E-Bus), combined degrees would most probably take longer.

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
omg 2-3 hours?? i thought u could do this whole enrollment online...
or are u guys talking about the first year students??
i'm a bit confused... i'm coming down this weekend actually and i cannot enrol in my tutorials until feb 15-17th is this a totally different process all together? or am i just confused? lol

ok thanks!!!
hope all is well
take care
Mel

L

LaraB

dancin_beanie said:
omg 2-3 hours?? i thought u could do this whole enrollment online...
or are u guys talking about the first year students??
i'm a bit confused... i'm coming down this weekend actually and i cannot enrol in my tutorials until feb 15-17th is this a totally different process all together? or am i just confused? lol

ok thanks!!!
hope all is well
take care
Mel
people who are just starting at the uni go to the enrolment.

after that - the next yea ryou just go to the office on campus and hand in a simple form.

once you're enrolled - then you do tute rego on teh copmuter at home so yeh - its a totally different thing:)

they don't take 2-3 hours from mine and my friend's n my bro's experience... probably like, 1 and a half to 2 hrs ish... i guess it depends on the course coz if you have to pick any elective units or if you need to get academic credit sorted out and all that kind of thingit takes longer... but if you're just enrolling on the standard units that are recommended and if you don't want academic credit or anything it's not too long...

at least at the Bus/Law one and Comm/Law and Bus ones they didn't seem to have to omuch to say and talk about since a lot of it gets covered at orientation, so they more or less tell you who your contacts are for your course, what unist you'll be doing, how to get academic credit organised if relevant and any important bits n pieces...

then you grab your folder with the forms and go and fill them out, they check them over for you, you line up which doesn't take too long to get em colected, then you get your photo and your student card, thn if you need it you can get info about parking tickets etc otherwise, then you're all done:)

its not as bad as people make out really since different co urses go different days so there's not a ridiculous amount of people there at once in most cases

how long it takes really depends on if you get know what your major will be if relevant before hand and if you have all your tfn and proof of id stuff sorted out because == if you have all that, filling out the forms will be eaesy and quick... how long it takes seems to really depend on how 'prepared' you are i guess

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LaraB

0Jade0 said:
Question:

Does enrolment etc usually start on time? Would it be a big problem if I came about 15 minutes late? (blame Westbus!) :confused:
lol do'nt worry - there's guaranteed to be others who'll be late coz of buses or trains:)

long as you don't liike, miss it altogether it's not big deal coz if you read the booklets and stuff they give you, it's pretty easy to follow and they have instructions for how to fill in the forms on a powerpoint type thingo or a video and it just plays over n over

klh

HSC
no dont you get your concession thingo on teh id card? the sticker is the sort of update isnt it? theyre ickle firsties after all lol...

and your picture is taken there and then so mind you look and dress nice or you might look like one of my photos! some will say cheese or get ready but when i had it she didnt so just look at the camera etc.

get there early so you can find the classrooms/lecture theatres that its held at and you might actually bumop into poeple fom your course to have a chat, as everyone is sorta new, its no problem.

L

LaraB

klh said:
no dont you get your concession thingo on teh id card? the sticker is the sort of update isnt it? theyre ickle firsties after all lol...

and your picture is taken there and then so mind you look and dress nice or you might look like one of my photos! some will say cheese or get ready but when i had it she didnt so just look at the camera etc.

get there early so you can find the classrooms/lecture theatres that its held at and you might actually bumop into poeple fom your course to have a chat, as everyone is sorta new, its no problem.
yeh the student card more or less is your concession card... and they don't let people take photos again if it stuffs up - some girl chucked a fit coz they wouldn't let her redo it coz she thought her smile was wonky...:p

oh and another thing guys - the concession card works on state rail etc - so it does not!!! work on Westbus buses - they usually, unless the driver's nice:) make you pay full fare.

If you will be catching a westbus bus, you need to get a separat concession card thing from them. It's a simple form that you just fill in a get stamped at the campus student centre and then unfortuantely you have to physically bring it the bus depot yourself..

on the form - it says to fill in what days you're at uni coz it only works those days and time - but you do'ntneed to do it properly coz the uni doesn't check befor ethey stamp it or anything - just make it 8-6 on mon to fri coz that's what most people do:)

Odourless

HSC
Are we meant to have gotten stuff in the mail about this? Because I don't seem to have.

I think I need to go this Thursday the 2nd for my course (Communications) and how far is it from the train station that I need to go cause I have no idea where I need to go :D

L

LaraB

Odourless said:
Are we meant to have gotten stuff in the mail about this? Because I don't seem to have.

I think I need to go this Thursday the 2nd for my course (Communications) and how far is it from the train station that I need to go cause I have no idea where I need to go :D
all the info you need's on the net:)

someone posted a link for it awhile... not sure where... but if you go to the uws site and have a look around you should find it.

i'd suggest looking at the "news and events" part (on the right of the homepage screen) 1st as they tend to put articles on enrolment and accepting offers etc there and attach the links to the relevant info for you guys

0Jade0

HSC
Odourless said:

Well, I caught the train to Kingswood station and then got the UWS Shuttle bus that is right outside. The bus driver told us where to get off but I think that it is stop number 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)