enrolling tommorow? (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
only 8 econ tutes? how many econ students are there? remember there is around 25 people in a tute. i'm pretty sure there are more than 200 people doing econ so its not highly unlikely that the econ tutes are full. at usyd econ is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, first year enrolment units with 1261 students.

as for your econ lecture, i wouldn't worry about it too much. just show up to the econ lecture you want, they don't check for names at the door!!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
as for your econ lecture, i wouldn't worry about it too much. just show up to the econ lecture you want, they don't check for names at the door!!
u sure about that jlh? cos a couple of my econ110 lectures had to be moved to evening sessions, bcos the day ones were full already.

I'd rather have the lectures during the day otherwise i won't be finished till 8pm.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah i'm sure about that AcStyle. you only have to show up to your designated lecture if they have any IN LECTURE exams. that you will have to find out in the first lecture when you get the assessment info (i'm guess they would give you this info right? any macq students wanna confirm this? they do at usyd so...).

qkrtjdxo

HSC
Yep all the day time tutorials for econ110 were full so I have to do an evening class for it.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh i see!!

they are probably reserved for people who haven't enrolled yet.

qkrtjdxo

HSC
Hmm i dont think so.. on the computer it said under the "available spots" column a big fat 0.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by qkrtjdxo
Hmm i dont think so.. on the computer it said under the "available spots" column a big fat 0.
Some that i saw - still had spots ; but when the operator went to enrol me in that time ; it didnt allow her because they were reserved!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah so maybe they were reserved for people who enrolled later than you then

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes lets hope they have reserved spots for me!! i've made so many different versions of my stupid timetable just to make it work.

I HATE THE MACQ UNI TIMETABLING SYSTEM!!

qkrtjdxo

HSC
Originally posted by Grizzly
Some that i saw - still had spots ; but when the operator went to enrol me in that time ; it didnt allow her because they were reserved!
Yeh but in my case there were no spots at all, so the operator couldnt even try :p

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Well if it said 0 - bad luck to all ; well, at least till estudent timetabling comes online where students will change around their timetables ; hopefully freeing up betters times.

But i think the reserved number was 7 because i saw it several times when it didnt allow the operator to enrol me in.

So basically a reserve of 7 per class for future enrollments are pretty bad considering theres like 50 real time machines enrolling people (1st year'ers im talking about) simultaniously.

Actually ! I remember that some "available" places was at "-1" !
Dont know why?!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
yeah i saw a few at -1 as well...maybe 2 ppl enrolled at the exact same time...?

i wish we could access that timetable change thingo quicker tho, the 1st of march is a long wait

bong

HSC
according to the person doing my timetable, -1 means that someone is on a reserve, or the dept allowed a person to go into that class

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Howd they get permission to be the extra one.

I bet when it says 0 - the actuall seating of the lecture isnt all full ; Uni is probably like hotels, they double book everyone ;)

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh for my MKTG101 lecture apparently all 300+ spots were taken
so i had 2 take the evening class
pffft wateva im goin 2 the one in the day

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
what both mktg101 lectures are full? i'm concerned about the friday 3pm one.. i hope thats not full...

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by *hopeful*
yeh for my MKTG101 lecture apparently all 300+ spots were taken
so i had 2 take the evening class
pffft wateva im goin 2 the one in the day
Yeah same here - i got comp123 practical1 from 4-6pm because 11-12noon was full !

I hope i can talk to the lecturer to squeeze me into the day coz i got work at 5pm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)