Enrolled... now what? (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Just had my enrolment today.. just wondering what hapens now. Do we have more forms sent to us???

klh

HSC
wait for tute rego adn then buy all you materials when you start uni and then study...
so its up to you to wait and create you timetable [do you know the links to the timetable?] and register them, then wait for the letter about teh fees you need to pay and then buy your books/equipment and start studying unless oyu have any enrolment problems, but i think thats should be it.

just check your pweb if your units are enrolled after i think 72 hrs is it?
and have you made your studentmail, learnt aobtu webct ?

HSC
And do they still send us information about how much we have to pay if we are using the HECS system?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
IB6-UB9 said:
On this website : http://www.uws.edu.au/students/dates

it says

"30 January Vacation Quarter 1 Session census date 3 February "

And my course has only an Autumn and Spring session, so i 'm not worrying about that census date am I?
Nah, you read the timetable wrong.

Autumn session begins the week of 27th of Feb, and the census date is the 31st of March.

spillargroove

HSC
I have realised that not everyone enrolled in one course will study at the same time like school was. So do we get to meet and study with all the lecturers or is it that if you enrol certain lessons, those lecturers will be the ones you have indefinitely?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
spillargroove said:
I have realised that not everyone enrolled in one course will study at the same time like school was. So do we get to meet and study with all the lecturers or is it that if you enrol certain lessons, those lecturers will be the ones you have indefinitely?
During lectures, you dont really get the opportunity to talk with other people. Its more you just listen for 3 hours and take notes down. You might not have the same lecturers throughout your whole time at uni, some are nice and some are just, well, people don't like them.

During tutorials though you'll find theres more interaction. Sometimes your asked to sit in a circle and everyone says like where they are from, what course they are studying, etc. Its like kindagarten all over again. Mind you, thats only for the first week, then its into the hard work :p

silentmalek

sugar we're goin down
HSC
Quick Question...sorry for hijacking thread :)

Can a full-time student enrol in both day and evening units?

I hope so...otherwise im screwed :)

0Jade0

HSC
We were told that it depended on the number of part time students that they had. If there was room full time students could take evening courses/units whatever.

klh

HSC
yeah those games are awkward...some of the lectures have good games to help "break down the barriers" but most of the time its like name and course or name and why you did this unit...just talk to anyone since everyone is in the same boat, theyll be friendly, well most are. someyimes you might met a loon or an obsessor or i dunno what...or lazy, procrastinating bums...usually your first tute you may form groups for group assignments so pick the smart ones or ge tthose who you think seem willing or youll end up with doing alot of work or dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
HSC
My orientation is late in February.. I assume that they aren't going to have orientation after lessons start?

Sorry, it's just that i have no clue when the hell i start. Its so disorienting.

Odourless

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
My orientation is late in February.. I assume that they aren't going to have orientation after lessons start?

Sorry, it's just that i have no clue when the hell i start. Its so disorienting.
I reckon. I enrol tomorrow and have no idea what the hell im doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)