English tuition (1 Viewer)

*sasha*

HSC
I'm new to the site and was wondering if there are any people here or any that know of people who may be able to offer me tuition for english, for essays mostly and for my extension 2 class as well. any offers would be appreciated. thanks! :D

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Why would you need tuition if you are good enough to do Extension 2?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
If you don't take a cynical attitude to the HSC and all, I'd recommend you get a writer mentor instead; that way you get the insights of a professional writer (at about 60 an hour, it's only twice the price of a normal tutor) and actually gain something out of the whole sad process.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Hey sasha,

I'm interested in tutoring for Area of Study and Advanced English. I tutor for Physical Journeys (Area of Study), King Lear (Critical Study of Text) and Emma & Clueless (Transformations). Depending on what you want and need, emphasis could be placed on essay writing OR content, or they could be adressed equally. My rate is $15-20 an hour (depending upon where the tutoring takes place - I could come to you, or we could use a public library). If you're interested, please PM me. :)

Behny-B

HSC
Advice

Hey Sasha,

everyone's gonna kill me for sayin this but i agree with Estel - in regards to EngX2. none of us past HSC students, no matter how well we did (and i did damn good!), are really qualified to tutor 4U.

I did a video for my 4U and even the teachers were like "ok, u can do that if u want, but we really don't know anything about it and can't really tell u if its good or bad"... naturally i did what i wanted. I went OK

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
^agreed... hsc eng contains nothing that's quite related to eng wut so eva... aprt from maybe essay structure for report writing, which u learn in yr 7-10 any way...

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
I'll be willing to tutor English, primarily essay writing, but not 4U im sorry

Modules I can do:

Area of Study: Imaginative Journeys
Speeches (Critical Study)
In the Wild: Brave New World and BladeRunner
Powerplay (Representation and Text)

if your interested, email me or PM me. Prices negotiable.

Cheers!

L

LaraB

Trebla said:
Why would you need tuition if you are good enough to do Extension 2?
there is not prerequisite of being 'good enough' to do Extension 2 English..

there is no board of studies requirement that you get say, 90's in 2unit n 3unit or anyting and most schools don't set minimum marks, rather suggest you do or don't do it and put you on 'probation' initially.

L

LaraB

Behny-B said:
Hey Sasha,

everyone's gonna kill me for sayin this but i agree with Estel - in regards to EngX2. none of us past HSC students, no matter how well we did (and i did damn good!), are really qualified to tutor 4U.

I did a video for my 4U and even the teachers were like "ok, u can do that if u want, but we really don't know anything about it and can't really tell u if its good or bad"... naturally i did what i wanted. I went OK
exactly and besides - at least i know at my school - you spend 3 hrs a week at school writing and researching in class, do a shitload at home by yourself and you can go in any of your free periods, before after school or at lunch to talk to your teacher..

in other words - the whole course is like your teacher being your 'tutor' - any good teacher who is ethical WILL NOT write it for you so in effect that act as a tutor - giving you pointers on your writing style, places to look for sources etc.

iH

Oldie
HSC
While i would say get a qualified english tutor (as in HSC qualified) for your standard english subjects (2u english standard, 2u english advanced, 3u), and a writer for your 4u.

Extension 2 is really not standard english teaching - it is a creative process for which a writer will be more valuable to you as they are generally widely read and can pick styles and lack of flow.

I mentor four unit english, because i am a writer. I am entering my third year of a writing degree which is mostly made up of writing, reading, workshopping (both your own and other people's work) and developing styles in relation to other prominant authors over history. In addition, cultural studies is undertaken as a way to get 'background knowledge' into the culture in which you are writing, as well as the culture you are writing about.

I've already PM-ed about mentoring you, but any others who would like mentoring - please message also.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Ian here. Do you live anywhere near Ryde. I have had success in the last three coaching 4 students, all got to 90, in English at all levels? Would $45 an hour be acceptable. i would be more than happy to discuss this with you

Ian pamandian@iinet.net.au (if you are interested email me asap and I'll send my phone number)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
it will be nice if we do hi jack other people's threads...

feel free to give ur comments but leave ur advertisement else where...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)