English trials? (1 Viewer)

Chambalam

HSC
thanks for your help Cham. i am good at memorising essays,
as i get into the exam and stress out- leaving no time to think of ways to write something. so i pre-write my essay.

with this in mind, for hamlet should i do a generic essay with a para for each sort of theme? or should i just memorise quotes and then evaluate and analyse in the exam?
cheers
From what I know, the first criteria on marking is 'student effectively responds to the question given'.

I'm memorising an essay for Module C - you can.
I'm memorising a range of short, probably 'a third of ap aragraph' ideas - 30 of them, for Module B - and stitch them together
I'm memorising something similar for Module A, but in larger chunks.

Memorise your quotes, techniques, not essays! Write a list of all possible essays and then roughly plan in about 5 dot points how you will approach it beforehand.

In the simplest sense, what I'm saying is, memorise the "technique", the "example", but NOT the "effect" (generalism), as the effect will be to suport or debunk the view that "______" (Question)

yew

HSC
ohhhh this is so clear. thanks heaps dude. thats the way i will do it :)

good luck! . did you get a full essay down today?

Blushii

HSC
Hey people memorising essays, how many words roughly are they each?

dela_

HSC
N/A
Well yeah, It did say HOW EFFECTIVELY .... TWO TEXTS so i would think so... that's just my opinion but.
Then would it be wrong if I spoke about each text in a separate paragraph?

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe limit you two a four? Don't worry i didn't synthesise either as i forgot all about it under pressure so i'm fucked ...

mangoz

HSC
No that would be fine. The important thing here is that you "EFFECTIVELY" review your chosen texts relating back to the question. If you just talked about the texts with the concepts of belonging you can say goodbye to a 4 or 5 mark answer.

dela_

HSC
N/A
No that would be fine. The important thing here is that you "EFFECTIVELY" review your chosen texts relating back to the question. If you just talked about the texts with the concepts of belonging you can say goodbye to a 4 or 5 mark answer.
okay thanks

imZerroo

HSC
that was shxt. I though you have to do an analysis of one of the texts but the whole paper wasn't too bad.

essay was easy to adopt.
finally someone...
whats shxt?
i didn't refer to the text at all... just said one little thing about freedom (what that Irani guy said)
but you used first person yeh?
and wtf it didn't say analyse!
im scared now.

dela_

HSC
N/A
Maybe limit you two a four? Don't worry i didn't synthesise either as i forgot all about it under pressure so i'm fucked ...
I looked up marking guidelines for a previous HSC Q that said "evaluate instead of compare" and didn't mention anything about contrasting or comparing the texts so I think we're fine.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
What did everyone do for the image they asked for in "The Mushroomer"???
Lol I talked about the visual imagery of the surroundings in the first couple of lines, there was also a simile which likened him to nature or something, also repetition in the first paragraph. I basically combined all of those elements to answer the question. I can't exactly remember the question though lol.

I managed to write 16 pages for my essay, around 12 for my creative and about 8 for my short answers. I write really big though. lol

studyhard3r

HSC
For tomorrow's exam, does Module C require a related TEXT, or just the prescribed text we've studied? Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)