english paper 1 (2 Viewers)

tgone

HSC
Isn't that the entirety of the question though?

My thoughts on the essay was that the trap was going down a rabbit hole of trying to sound like you had revolutionary new analysis and then not answering the question. Anyways, it is all over now and we can't do anything about it.
yeah, that seemed like the trap to me as well - I made sure to frame every argument with how he used the dramatic experience to motivate his characters emotions in the denigrating context etc

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
sent the dust girl stimulus to a friend in indonesia and he reccomended that nesa should refresh on biology because he deadass didnt see no nature
pre sure it was about "natural world" so ig a dust storm is included in that but yea it was wierd to compare that i just talked about the depth of the photograph and some other stuff i forgot abt

whatdoiputhere

HSC
pre sure it was about "natural world" so ig a dust storm is included in that but yea it was wierd to compare that i just talked about the depth of the photograph and some other stuff i forgot abt
yeah I framed my argument around that both composers showed that humans interact with nature in a multitude of ways/dust storms usually seen as destructive but portrayed in the photo different but like kinda funny to see my paragraph for Text 5 is like x3 longer because theres so much more to write about

Epants101

HSC
yeah I framed my argument around that both composers showed that humans interact with nature in a multitude of ways/dust storms usually seen as destructive but portrayed in the photo different but like kinda funny to see my paragraph for Text 5 is like x3 longer because theres so much more to write about
I think that it entirely depended on your own experiences of nature. My paragraph on the photograph was longer than my article on the non-fiction because I live out west and am more familiar with the experience of dust storms than I am with going to the Sydney Uni Quadrangle.

notme123

HSC
nesa really just plugged usyd. bias much?

also dont stress for paper 2. difficulty of paper 2 is independent from paper 1 (completely different writing teams cuz remember its split bw advanced and standard) so dont dwell on it. just refresh yourself on all the content youve done and it should be set.

may22

HSC
sent the dust girl stimulus to a friend in indonesia and he reccomended that nesa should refresh on biology because he deadass didnt see no nature
The tree in the background guys…that I didn’t notice till I left the exam obviously

eat_a_lemon

HSC
“how does miller explore emotions in the human experience through dramatic techniques” perks of being a drama student >:)
the paper was surprisingly good, didn't really experience (hah) too many curveballs and it was super straight forwards, still scared of paper 2 tho

may22

HSC
i spent a good two minutes figuring it out LOL
supervisor was like ”you can take it off from here and here etc” and I’m like “but where?”

eat_a_lemon

HSC
The stapling of that paper will be the legacy of this cohort
sorry to whoever marks my paper because it's half crumped because i could not figure out how it was meant to sit for a solid 15 seconds

may22

HSC
sorry to whoever marks my paper because it's half crumped because i could not figure out how it was meant to sit for a solid 15 seconds
don’t get me started on handwriting though…last line of my essay was literally a wavy line

cyniczny

HSC
don’t get me started on handwriting though…last line of my essay was literally a wavy line
same my hand like cramped up halfway through the essay and i had to take a break to stretch it so i could get something legible on the page

sappho22

HSC
if i didn't mention 'dramatic features' specifically in my essay (or maybe i did like once) but talked about characterisation, dialogue, variety of language techniques and structure, do you think i'll be chill? considering i did well in terms of other stuff, good analysis, plenty of quotes, talking about emotion/experience a lot

tgone

HSC
if i didn't mention 'dramatic features' specifically in my essay (or maybe i did like once) but talked about characterisation, dialogue, variety of language techniques and structure, do you think i'll be chill? considering i did well in terms of other stuff, good analysis, plenty of quotes, talking about emotion/experience a lot
yeah, you’ll be good- they might even prefer you just discuss it rather than just name dropping the arbitrary “dramatic features”

jordan c:

HSC
For 1984 the question was:

How does George Orwell represent emotions arising from human experiences through features of prose fiction. (20 marks)

my dumb ass thought it was gonna be extract but legit the most generic question
How did you do for it? Probably one of the most generic questions I've seen for the text lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)