English EXT (1 Viewer)

11tm

HSC
N/A
my class is doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
im finding it quite hard to get into the swing of the story line.
wish i was doing fairytales!!!

lovenotwar

HSC
the alien self. pretty cool, has to do with gothic genre. we're reading dracula now and rebecca later on

spoonbender

HSC
Heart of Darkness. It is the boringest piece of shit I've ever read. It's hard as well!

jellybelly59

HSC
lol hahaha im doing heart of darkness too (but in advanced) :D holy shit... first 4 pgs on just the serene environment... dw u got it good man... our teacher is an eng junky and gave us a reading list where each book is 1300pgs and is crazy hard or is just super super boring compared to HoD.... From that reading list i chose war and peace by leo tolstoy.... but yerh in english extension i think our prescribed text is sense and sensibility

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
spoonbender said:
Heart of Darkness. It is the boringest piece of shit I've ever read. It's hard as well!
Yeah, Heart of Darkness is one of the main reasons why I dropped Extension English. I don't know why people reckon Joseph Conrad is a good author - seems like a load of crap to me.

deliberately

HSC
austen.................................................................................. persuasion + mansfield park. oh and pirandello. :mad1:

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yeah, Heart of Darkness is one of the main reasons why I dropped Extension English. I don't know why people reckon Joseph Conrad is a good author - seems like a load of crap to me.
One of the best pm authors imo, you just don't appreciate him and his ideas -_-;

HOD is fucking amazing and extension students should be able to grasp the ideas (eventually). Once that's done, it's a gem to work with in essays.

I think having a teacher that fully understands the text is absolutely necessary, too.

xx.apxx

HSC
i'm doing fairy tales in extension english too.
it's shit easy :]

advanced english is heaps harder to me..
is anyone else diong the institution and the individual experience?
argh!!

ellejay91

HSC
we are doing hearts of darkness/darkness in mans heart

so we're reading heart of darkness then lord of the flies

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Book 4 of Gulliver's Travels. We're also analysing "A Modest Proposal", also by Jonathan Swift.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Death of Salesman + Contemporary Texts Containing values shown through script/movie.

skilli21

HSC
I've been doing poetry crap so far ..."The Narrative Voice".

Now i'm reading/studying Mysterious Affair at Styles...and watching Gosford Park. I think the topic is Class, Gender and the Narrative..

So i'm guessing i've just got an overall theme of Narrative or something... that's so completely different and boring to fairytales and gothic and whatever others you people are doing..

:mad1:​

Mr bakr

HSC
We're doing the gothic genre.

stuff like dracula, inteview with the vampire etc.

Really interesting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)