English Ext 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
my school told us it's best rather not to integrate critical theory because people tag it on and don't do it effectively but my tutor told me that it's almost necessary to integrate in but you must do it well.
Yeah you have to integrate it and link properly, not just top-and-tail, as they say

mikrokosmos

HSC
Just started Worlds of Upheaval!
An essay structure that I found really cohesive and adaptable for extension: (in the case of 2 related texts)

Intro
Texts 1 + 2
Texts 2 + 3
Texts 3 + 4
Link back with Texts 4 +1
Conclusion

Essentially, you end up comparing each text with two other texts throughout the essay, but it has a linear sort-of approach
TYSMMM

mikrokosmos

HSC
I'm actually so stressed haha there are so many quotes to know

hatterene

HSC
Don't get freaked out - No, it's not crucial, but I think it's great to integrate. And no, It's not as ambiguous as it's portrayed... If you have great analysis to compensate you'll be fine, but honestly, a wee bit of research and application won't hurt, only help. It can be as simple as a couple of sentences textually pinpointing where the literary theory is applied. Take it as a technique for a text holistically I would say
how many theories per paragraph are you doing?

hatterene

HSC
Depends what you deem literary theory... E.g. absurdism is itself a form, so I'd say total I might discuss 2-3. Depends on the question and its applicability.
for my text (hamlet) it would be theories like psychoanalysis

mikrokosmos

HSC
yes! i am :) so happy that we dont need like 100 quotes like for adv bc so much of analysis of mine is like theoretical. for my second related i only have like 5 quotes, bc if they ask for 2 relateds and 2 prescribed, theres only so much depth u can go into

also would it be possible for 1 prescribed and 2 relateds? i doubt but idk

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
yes! i am :) so happy that we dont need like 100 quotes like for adv bc so much of analysis of mine is like theoretical. for my second related i only have like 5 quotes, bc if they ask for 2 relateds and 2 prescribed, theres only so much depth u can go into

also would it be possible for 1 prescribed and 2 relateds? i doubt but idk
Surely not... I'm hardly even considering the prospects of there being 2 related

Not impossible but not probable

hatterene

HSC
if they ask for that i'm just gonna make up a painting/image in my mind and use it as my related text

hatterene

HSC
ahahahah tyyy. how are you preparing for common mod?

mikrokosmos

HSC
Winging it in style. Hard to prepare for. Memorisation of imaginatives etc is discouraged generally
same!! i'm just looking thru some of my old creatives for some ideas on my own quotes to put in. but apart from that, just looking thru rubric and seeing what theyre sort of looking for

hatterene

HSC
are you just gonna make up a sophisticated creative on the spot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)