ENGLISH! (All courses welcome =D) (1 Viewer)

chubzy

HSC
advanced - relationships: dead poet's society and maestro
extension - high culture vs. pop culture: emma vs. clueless

NewiJapper

HSC
In year 11 I did;

Advanced- Alienation with "Catcher in the Rye" as the AOS.
Extension-Looked at dystopia, absurdism, post-WWII society and philosophies like existentialism with 1984. Not a bad book.

Holly M

HSC
You know i'm not entirely sure, our teacher has a brilliant ability to think 5 things at once and not finish saying any of them.

Adv: Conflict (Othello)
Ext: Archetypal Quests (The Epic of Gligamesh)

God i'm going to fail Enlgish! Just did my first Extension task and i failed so bad. problem is i know i could do better i just got so freaked out, left it to the last minute and didn't understand the task.
Advanced is just hell. But then again i've never liked English. I have no idea why i'm doing extension!

Seven Sins

HSC
Eng Adv: Comparative Study of Text
Texts: Jane Austen's Emma and Amy Heckerling's Clueless
Eng Ext: The Alien Self
Text: Dracula

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
We are studying the human condition in english advanced and going through a variety of poems, last one being Prufrock by TS Eliot. I wish we could lay off the simple tone and rhythm crap and start learning existentialist or psychoanalytic concepts, since the area of study itself focuses more on the character than the structure of a text =s

For engx we're doing short stories. Teacher is far worse so I feel compelled not to complain about my english advanced teacher, let alone this one. All we have done is be given a few short stories like The Necklace and The Tell Tale Heart, and have a few discussions on repetition and similes and a vague explanation of character development, eg psychological guilt.

zz
Lol I've did Prufrock already and doing human condition in EE1.

Julie Y

HSC
im doing hamlet and watching it too.
its boring coz of the teacher .... our usual teacher is at a surgery : [

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)