Engineering.Which Uni?? (1 Viewer)

Bekhit

HSC
hey people i jus wanted to noe how unis rank in regards to engineering. now i noe UNSW is known to be the best univeristy for Engineering but in regards to the next uni after UNSW, is it UTS or Sydney??

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
civil: UNSW or sl-UTS

any other engineering; UNSW or USYD

sl-UTS FTW!!

Trajan

HSC
lol..I hate UNSW but still respect its dominance.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
bigboyjames said:
^i hate everything about uTS.
i rate UWS higher
Me too. I hate how its courses have high cutoff, but half my school gets in 10 points below, coz we're from a disadvantaged area. Seriously, there is NO way you should be able to get into law at UTS with 87 UAI when you have no handicaps throughout the year. That, and I don't really like the city.

I honestly wouldn't want to go to either one. Then again, I didn't really have much of a choice where I did go lol.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Me too. I hate how its courses have high cutoff, but half my school gets in 10 points below, coz we're from a disadvantaged area. Seriously, there is NO way you should be able to get into law at UTS with 87 UAI when you have no handicaps throughout the year. That, and I don't really like the city.

I honestly wouldn't want to go to either one. Then again, I didn't really have much of a choice where I did go lol.
uws lets students into law degrees with a uai of 85 if they live in the greater western region, even less if they have a disadvantage.

Trajan

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
uws lets students into law degrees with a uai of 85 if they live in the greater western region, even less if they have a disadvantage.

Is that how you got in?...not hating :)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
Yeah, but they don't inflate their cutoffs heaps. It's really unfair to people who get 96 UAI and live in a non-disadvantaged area who can't get into UTS, where people with 87 can simply coz they live where I do. We're not THAT disadvantaged.

Hahaha, also, I love Actuarial Studies. Well, not love, but I'd prefer it to most things.

Evilo

HSC
UNSW imo.

Go along to the open days and see for yourself.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
UOW, although its a little out of the sydney area has a solid engineering program as well. Obviously doesnt out rate the Sydney unis, but then again, employers never realli make direct comparisons with UOW and Syd unis- its kinda considered on its own merit. Plus, the rep of UOW engineering for graduate opportunities/practical experience and jobs is suppose to be excellent.

Finally, its a much nicer uni :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)