ENGG1000, ENGG1811 and MATS1192 Review? (1 Viewer)

asadhkhan17

HSC
If anyone has done any of those courses, could you tell the level of work required for those courses and whether I'd have to bother showing up to lectures?
Also, are Professor BI Henry and Dr CK Mak good lecturers?
Thanks in advance.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
not much work required for 1k or 1811

not sure about 1192

HSC
Only did ENGG1000 from this list. I can tell you this subject is one of the easiest you'll be doing. There's no quizzes or tutorials. Indicated 6 hours is closed to 4 hours. You have 2 hours of lecture and 2 hours of group work meet up for the group project. It's also important on which project you do. I did the seismic response one which just required my group to build a tower. Of course if you have a lazy group you'll have a hard time but nevertheless it's still really easy. Oh and it has no final exam :)

leehuan

HSC
Sorry for (somewhat) necrobump but I'm questioning the above two reviews

A lot of my friends HATED ENGG1000. When you're assigned groups and you get teammates that don't do anything (literally nothing) it's unpleasant. Unless you all got lucky with good teams then idk.

keepLooking

HSC
(Semester 1 ~ )

ENGG is absolutely terrible if you choose anything outside of the Civil portion. 720YoloSwagScope found it easy as it looks like he has done the Civil portion.

I personally did the ELEC portion and from week 4 onwards, I had to spend 2 hours for mentor meetings, 3 hours for lab. Not to mention around Week 8 is when the project deadlines start to hit you and this is when you need to spend more than 6 hours a week on labs.

If you are planning to do ENGG1000, pick the Civil portion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)