Eng Advanced Help (Creative) (1 Viewer)

yoyo0904

HSC
I have been pondering for ideas ever since the holidays have started and have come up with nothing...all my ideas are very cliche or stupid and I'm really lost now. How do I get inspired to have an idea for my creative?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yeah it's defs best not to write something cliché. I think the best story for you would be something you are passionate about and know a lot about. Your story would seem more natural and unique that way. Since I'm obsessed with cricket I wrote about cricket lol. So it can really be about whatever as long as you base it around as aspect of discovery. Just don't make the discovery aspect of it too obvious otherwise it's not sophisticated enough.

HSC
This is the best story brainstorming method (6 steps):
1.character(s)
2.Dilemma
3.motivation
4.action/ series of events
5.results
6.change

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
We did this thing in class where we would share our discoveries through certain events.

Someone made reference to surviving a bushfire and brought up how man is nothing against nature's wrath, then I further thought of some discovery concepts such as how you can't assume something, but experience it for yourself, how you think of your loved ones right to the moments that would possibly lead to your death, how certain circumstances can change an individual entirely or can reveal something about their inner nature, etc.

^ So yeah I made my creative relating to this

Mackinlay

HSC
What is the recommended length for the creative writing? About 800 - 1000 words?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What is the recommended length for the creative writing? About 800 - 1000 words?
For Advanced/Standard English yes! For Eng Ext you'll need to write a longer creative if you do it.

HSC
Pick a nice and simple plot that allows room for character movement, thought and development.

I personally chose the setting of a library because you can appropriately include inter-textual references and flashbacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)