ENCORE 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
To be honest, Conservatorium concerts would be far more educational for HSC students.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Phanatical said:
To be honest, Conservatorium concerts would be far more educational for HSC students.
It's still good for the 05ers to go and see what those who did the "best" in the HSC did before them.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I disagree, Encore is about showing off the most audience friendly performances, not the ones that will get the best marks, or the ones that most accurately represent Contemporary Australian music.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Encore is a 'Show' really, SOME of the best music 2 and eXtension people play but, there are at least half that are there just for 'show' not musical ability. Mind you, there are some great performances!!!:D
eeeeeeexactly :D

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
YAY! Zane and Luke are from my school!! They were soloists in schools spec last year by the way. Theyre awsome!! YAAAAYY

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Phanatical said:
I disagree, Encore is about showing off the most audience friendly performances, not the ones that will get the best marks, or the ones that most accurately represent Contemporary Australian music.
While that may be so, these people don't necessarily need to know what the Contemporary Australian music scene is like. What they need to know/see are those who got the marks and how they got it- even if the -way- they got the marks aren't considered to be very "industry worthy" the point is, that is what the markers are looking for and therefore, that is what will get them the HSC marks.

This is the point of Encore.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
ujuphleg said:
While that may be so, these people don't necessarily need to know what the Contemporary Australian music scene is like. What they need to know/see are those who got the marks and how they got it- even if the -way- they got the marks aren't considered to be very "industry worthy" the point is, that is what the markers are looking for and therefore, that is what will get them the HSC marks.

This is the point of Encore.
yep i agree hehe

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Yeah, but the Encore works aren't necessarily the highest scoring ones.

yeah they are - they woulda scored full marks or some where near it to get in. BUT, some people can get full marks but not get nominated. Imagine if 50 piano players from all over NSW got full marks. The whole encore concert would then be full of piano players, and that would become boring. They just want a variety of different, unusual and/or interesting works to be performed at encore. So if your not in encore, it doesnt mean you suck.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
is anyone going to see encore this year?!?!

my music class and the music 1 class are all going to see it on the 21st of Jan at 7:30.. anyone else going at the same time? apart from moon_styla :p

just read the program again
17. Christopher Ironside - Anthropology (Normanhurst Boys High School)
Bird! *respect* :p

pristine

HSC
i'm going to encore. it shall be very interesting.
did anyone else go from the previous years?
2/3 years ago, a girl called ramona from my school sang with backing guitars.
did anyone hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)