ENCORE 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
did anybody get nominated for encore???? i duno if anyone from our school did... but my friend from my old school got nominated!! YAY shes a great singer!! woo hoo

MouNtY

oh have the people already been nomnated.......oohhhh...oh well it's not like i really thought i was gonna get in...but it would've been cool

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
i duno but i remember last year i was there in the music staffroom when the music teacher was talking on the phone to some guy anwhen he found out that 2 people from our school got nominated for encore so yeah

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
oh i see.. i guess il find out when i go back to school then.. *sigh*

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
that sucks, i wish they'd tell us straight away...
not that i'd be good enough to get in but i want SOMEONE from my school to get in, that would be heaps fun

chepas

HSC
So they contact people by now whether you get in or nor? Or when do they contact people? I didn't think it was this soon... As in, do they contact the teachers next term or?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
oh MY GOSH!
How heart breaking... those music compositions I've done (all four of them) have been what I've lived and breathed this year. I've almost disregarded the other subjects lol

*sigh*

Hope the conservatorium falls in love with them! And then I'll be a famous composer and track you all down and name drop you all.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
hey lets put it this way - maybe theve nominated the performers for now, since theyve all been marked, and i doubt that they would have finished marking all the compositions so maybe you might get nominated for your comps later!!!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
when you get nominated for ENCORE you get told there and then -- at your music prac. you then have to send a video tape into them within a week. they don't let you know if you actually get in or not until after the HSC. that when they ask the comp people too from what i understand.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
they used to have a video camera at your performance and they would record your first piece. Then if they thought that you could be a possible nomination for encore they would record the rest of your recital and if not, they would stop recording. But they dont do that anymore. They cant tell you straight away after your performance - they have to listen to everyone else first ... unless you were like absoluetly amazing. But what about compositions they cant tell you straigt away. Oh well people stop stressing about encore its not the end of the world if you didnt get in!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
the Board of Studies should make some sort of list of student numbers that made it into encore on their site :( same as for the art and drama stuff too

also, ive heard that u get nominated for encore if u just get full marks for one of the sections.. eg. if u get 15/15 in the ensemble bit in extension etc..

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
trumpet geek said:
they used to have a video camera at your performance and they would record your first piece. Then if they thought that you could be a possible nomination for encore they would record the rest of your recital and if not, they would stop recording. But they dont do that anymore. They cant tell you straight away after your performance - they have to listen to everyone else first ... unless you were like absoluetly amazing. But what about compositions they cant tell you straigt away. Oh well people stop stressing about encore its not the end of the world if you didnt get in!
arg, i'm so confused, so they tell you afterwards? or not?

how many compositions get in?

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
whoo hoo i got nominated for encore!! u get a letter from the Board of Studies.. i just got mine in the mail so it should be coming around for everyone else too. unless they send it to ur school, which then, you'll find out at school.

on the form, it says u have to complete the form and send the video/dvd BY 15th october. so if u find out at school on the first day back, there wont be much time to make a video recording and send it by then. if u think u'll make it but still dont know, u should like ring ya school or the Board of Studies or something. itd be devastating to miss out :(

Last edited:

Logix

how come urs got sent to u? mine got sent to the school, and my teachers opened it and stuff already b4 me

chepas

HSC
Hey congrats!!!! Do they say what piece they want you to do or is it the whole set you did for the exam?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
moon_styla said:
the Board of Studies should make some sort of list of student numbers that made it into encore on their site :( same as for the art and drama stuff too

also, ive heard that u get nominated for encore if u just get full marks for one of the sections.. eg. if u get 15/15 in the ensemble bit in extension etc..

you dont necesarily get nominated just cos you get full marks... But yeah the ones that get in are the ones that did get full marks or something close. BUt its gota be consistent - like you could get full marks for one piece but if u did pretty shit in the others then you prolly wont get nominated... they are more likely to pick you if you did really well in all your pieces cos then they know youll do an outstanding performance. So yeah well done moon styla!!!!!!!!!

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
Logix said:
how come urs got sent to u? mine got sent to the school, and my teachers opened it and stuff already b4 me
i hav no idea why mine got sent to me.. :S

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
chepas said:
Hey congrats!!!! Do they say what piece they want you to do or is it the whole set you did for the exam?
they tell u to record the ENTIRE program u did for the HSC in the same order etc. problem for me is, my ensemble dude, is in england :S errr lol i think i might be screeewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)