• Economics

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Legal Studies

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters

vtfan

PG's M Crew
HSC
Which one's more beneficial? Interesting? Easier to study?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
economics is more interesting, and legal is easier to study for (its just memorisation really).

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Economics is aplicable to real life and is very useful in many University courses. I don't do Legal Studies, but I know for a fact you don't need it to study Law in University.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
legal studies depending on which optional focus studies you choose to do, for those who get stuck with workplace, it sux

Aznmichael92

HSC
i prefer legal studies even though there is like no course in uni that assumed knowledge in legal studies. I like it as you become aware of the law and how it is formed.

Good thing we dont have work place. We got family instead :D

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
i prefer legal studies even though there is like no course in uni that assumed knowledge in legal studies. I like it as you become aware of the law and how it is formed.

Good thing we dont have work place. We got family instead :D
ahaha, family is fucking terrible.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Whilst legal isn't a prequisite for law, i do law now and think that in the beginning legal would of been helpful to me (particularily in Foundations A). I did eco in highschool and have found it to be a huge advantage in first year commerce as well.

michael1990

HSC
Economics is great.
Legal i'm not too sure about.

But economics is a hard subject if you don't grasp the concepts and hypothetical situations.

HSC
I do both

Legal studies is more about memorisation however whilst some aspects of it are interesting eg the various cases it is generally boring and wont help you.

Economics is more about learning the concept and understanding how it works in the real world which I believe to be far more interesting. However economics is far more challenging and if you are not at least (slightly) naturally intelligent you would find it very difficult.

In the end its your choice.

PS Some people said that legal is not a pre-requisite for law; I want to let you know that economics is not a pre-requisite into economics (or any course) for that matter as they are both humanities subjects :)

bawd

HSC
I wanted to do both, but our school doesn't have a Legal Studies teacher. Actually, my Economics teacher is a Legal Studies teacher, but he admits that he is crap and therefore doesn't teach it. lolololol

SimonLee13

HSC
I do both, economics is harder concept wise whilst Legal is fairly easy in terms of knowledge you need to learn. Both are very enjoyable. Economics helps more with uni as there is no course which even suggests learning Legal Studies.

Petey9

HSC
N/A
In my opinion, Legal Studies will be harder and more beneficial,
not saying economics is useless or anything

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Petey9 said:
In my opinion, Legal Studies will be harder and more beneficial,
not saying economics is useless or anything
lol

No.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Each course has their own easy times and hard times.

From what I've heard, Legal studies is boring and I honestly think Economics is funner. With Economics you can see all the links as everything links together and it's fascinating to see what would happen to the economy if you do this and that. It's also good because it's actually happening at the moment and you can apply the things straight away. Furthermore, economics is much simpler to understand if yuo can grasp the concepts. And there's heaps of essay writing with will only supplement writing skills for English.

Therefore, Economics pwns.

TunaFish

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Each course has their own easy times and hard times.

From what I've heard, Legal studies is boring and I honestly think Economics is funner. With Economics you can see all the links as everything links together and it's fascinating to see what would happen to the economy if you do this and that. It's also good because it's actually happening at the moment and you can apply the things straight away. Furthermore, economics is much simpler to understand if yuo can grasp the concepts. And there's heaps of essay writing with will only supplement writing skills for English.

Therefore, Economics pwns.
Most people I know also seem to have the same unfavourable opinion of Legal Studies, but the course really isn't that doggedly unappealing.
I agree that there is a lot of essay writing involved in Economics, but I also think that Legal requires a higher or more sophisticasted level of language skills as Economics has more of a focus on jargon terms whereas with Legal, it is expression.

I'd recommend Legal to those who have a flare for both Social Sciences and English.

HSC
legal studies is a really interesting course and far easier than economics which is maths based. I guess it also depends on the teacher but our legal lessons are so fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)