ECONOMICS (assignment) - plz help =] (1 Viewer)

rosypink

HSC
hi all =]

well i have this assignment for economics which is due this Friday (just started coz i finished my prelim yearlies this week ugh - - " ) and i was wondering if any of you can give me some points so i can elaborate on them to make my assignment longer.

This is the question:
What is the workforce? What factors have determined the size of the workforce in Australia? How does the federal government influence the size of the workforce?

I have points for the first two questions, but im not really confident for the third question on how the government influences the size of the workforce - itll be much appreciated if i get more points for that question.

Thanx =]
- Rosypink

ttong

HSC
q3. not sure if this the answer your looking for but anyway. one way the government can affect the size of the workforce is through influencing net migration by raising migration quotas which -> increased size of workforce and reducing migration quotas-> decreased workforce size

rosypink

HSC
thanx - ill just elaborate more on ur given points :)

but does anyone else have any more points seriously PLZ !!
omg this friday - - " im stuffed =[

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
The government has training programs to encourage people into the workforce. Just look at the most recent budget for some of these, but you could include things like Skill for our future, new apprenticeship centers, Realising our potential package etc. Have a look into these in a bit more detail.

You can also talk about labour market reforms (although you have to be careful with what you say seeing as rudd is reversing some of it), which has increased the flexibility of the labour market, encouraging people such as mothers and students into the workforce. The child care rebate was increased from 30% to 50% for people who are eligable for it, encouraging young mothers back into the workforce, plus they can work part time, casual etc.

rosypink

HSC
oooo tyyy - ok ok ill see how i can make that into a paragraph - -" will take me a while

------

anymore points - ahh tomorrow its due (wahhh) :(

rosypink

HSC
wat is this - out of the 81 views ive only gotten 2 replies that are beneficial to me ;
i'm pretty sure ppl might have some answers to this questions ; dont worry if u think ur wrong at least ur contributing and thus ill have soemthing extra to add on and like elaborate on :)

-Ta

ikarusdanoz

HSC
hey i do economics lol. you're going to be talking about how govts influence employments outcomes, so its a fairly general question; that said, there are alot of broad points for discussion...

In answering "How does the federal government influence the size of the workforce?" you can talk about things like:

- migration programs

- in the long term -> investment in skills and training

- incentives for employment (lower taxation, government assistance to enter workforce i.e. centrelink benefits, increased wages)

- encouraging the older section of the workforce to hold off retirement --> larger working age population

- improving social outcomes (eg. through maternity leave and assistance for child bearing parents)

just look at ur textbook, im sure their are some good points in there anyway

Gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)