Man only hard parts were like 5 mc questions
21/22 had a few hardish ones
and the MICR meaning

other then that all great :D

hopeing for 80+ or 90s if I am lucky :D i really need it

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It wasn't that easy... I'd say it was very direct and straightforward, and they didn't ask questions which tend to cause problems such as drawing super complicated DFDs or explaining the difference between things in great depth.

I wasn't sure on the MICR thing either- but I'm pretty sure it was something to do with magnetic ink being read by a computer when cheques are processed... I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
yeh, I didn't think it was all that bad. I didn't quite finish it but my options were automated manufacturing systems and multimedia and I totally forgot all about damping and actuators and all that so I was heaps relieved when no questions refered to any of that! and I really loved q21 in section 2! sooo easy! not so excited about 22b and c though... what did people do for those parts? got a bit confused coz I can neva remember how to do tables in exams and I didn't get the appropriate report layout thing... oh, and for those who did automated manufacturing systems, what did you draw for part b (i)?

nomore3x5

Music Mogul
HSC
MICR = Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
Magnetic ink is used to print characters which can then be read by a computer, such as on cheques. It is an important tool in preventing Cheque fraud.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
helenpoo said:
I love DFDs :(
i hate DFD's. they should go to hell. Stupid symbols that were made up a few hundred years ago.

Glad it wasn't in it.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nomore3x5 said:
MICR = Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
Magnetic ink is used to print characters which can then be read by a computer, such as on cheques. It is an important tool in preventing Cheque fraud.
That's what I wrote but I think they're looking for the answer that MICR speeds up reading cheques for batch processing >< That seems to be the more logical answer they're looking for since it's in the TPS section.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
seremify007 said:
Some of the past paper have really crazy DFDs!
Some of the past papers also included things such as flowcharts, and questions about backup procedures, feasability, communications medium, storyboards, network structures.... Next years IPT class is gonna have no idea what to expect after looking at the other past papers and this one.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
skyrockets1530 said:
Some of the past papers also included things such as flowcharts, and questions about backup procedures, feasability, communications medium, storyboards, network structures.... Next years IPT class is gonna have no idea what to expect after looking at the other past papers and this one.
ROFL yes they shall be. I guess it forces 'em to study harder than us =]

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
or, in retrospect, actually *do* some study for IPT - more than a day before haha.
I'm glad i studied it slowly over the last few weeks though - gave me a sense of confidence and then a nice exam.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely. I hope Sabba's strict marking schemes help pay off when we wrote good (and bloody long) answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)