EAS and Cut Offs (1 Viewer)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
what were your problems may i ask?
@Dingo....i made up nothing...i simply deserved EAS....ive been here only 3 yrs plus.....imagine how many financial and living problems wud u have if ud move overseas!

Last edited:

Ribbon

Dingo believe it or not it is pretty hard to fake things you are going for through eas. you have to have alot of supporting documents copied and verified by a jp (or similar stance person) and then somone who knows you (not family) has to fill out a statement saying how they think you have been disadvantaged, they send the form off so you cannot see what they have written, so if you have made it up, they will say so, or at least say you were barely affected...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
a girl at my school managed convince our year advisor that she was being beaten up by her "alcoholic" father, so she got EAS coz my year advisor wrote some letter and sent it in. can't believe it!

izi

HSC
i got a UAI of 97.3 and needed 98.0 to get into vet. i have always wanted to be a vet and EAS is the best thing that ever happened to me.
my disadvantages...
language difficulties for being in Aus less than 5 years at the time, i missed out on a year of schooling (yr 6 and first term yr 7) due to war, lost family members in war, financial difficulties for being a refugee and living in a hole while having to attend school. and the funny thing was i was still getting brilliant marks and i didnt even have a desk, my own room or pretty stationary!! major social problems, including racism, and consequently skipping too many classes coz i was stuck in the counsellors office writing my thoughts on paper (which had way too many grammatic errors, counsellor had trouble understanding it)... and the list goes on. screws you up psychologically, i still wonder how i got my UAI and i still cant believe im doing vet science!!!
thank you EAS for 5 extra points you gave me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by izi
major social problems, including racism, and consequently skipping too many classes coz i was stuck in the counsellors office writing my thoughts on paper (which had way too many grammatic errors, counsellor had trouble understanding it)...
!!
I never knew this

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
!!
I never knew this
maybe you never cared, so you never asked... and its not like im gonna go around telling people "guess what, i just cried my eyes out in the counsellors office"

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by izi
maybe you never cared, so you never asked... and its not like im gonna go around telling people "guess what, i just cried my eyes out in the counsellors office"
well it never occured to me that this couldve happened, id care if i knew

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
well it never occured to me that this couldve happened, id care if i knew
well i guess we were never that close and didnt get to know each other that well to start sharing these kind of stories

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i got into the EAS scheme bcoz i went to a disadvantage skool- hence all the kids in my skool applied as well, coz my year advisor made us do it....but i didn't end up needing EAS points anyways- so it was alright. :)

Ribbon

Originally posted by bubz :D
a girl at my school managed convince our year advisor that she was being beaten up by her "alcoholic" father, so she got EAS coz my year advisor wrote some letter and sent it in. can't believe it!
not 100% but I thought for claims like this you had to have medical/psychiatric reports? Like, your careers advisor isn't qualified to talk about the extent of the disadvantage in this case... but maybe the school counsellor could?

If she made that up, I feel sorry for her father because things get around...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i got EAS co's my school was a disadvantaged one!!! but i didn't need to use it since my uai was higher than the cutoff...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i got EAS for parents divorce, missing school in high school and financial disadvantage. Didnt help me much though, stupid uni couldnt even give me one stupid UAI mark!!!! grrrr. I got 97, wanted Vet which was 98, and they just couldnt give it to me!!! grrrrrr.
But its ok, i am in now - but it just makes me hate fee payers even more coz a bunch of them got in with lower UAIs than me and no financial disadvantage!!!!!

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
but it just makes me hate fee payers even more coz a bunch of them got in with lower UAIs than me and no financial disadvantage!!!!!
they have excessive financial advantages if they can afford to pay $28 000 each year. its very unfair...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)