EAS and Cut Offs (1 Viewer)

adamj

Mate in the politically correct world, you could legible for EAS if you said you were a fool.

munro200

HSC
I applied for EAS and got in at University of Canberra for B Sports Management with my UAI being 78.75 and the cut-off being 81.15

So I got an extra 2.4 points

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
all the people i know that applied for EAS are people with no disadvantages whatsoever. They just pull any bullshit outta their ass so they can increase their chances of getting into their course.
i know a handful of people from selective schools getting a uai above 90 who applied for EAS, i mean seriously if they DID have a disadvantage during their studies, then their uai woudlnt even touch the 90s.

what has the world gone to? where is the love? where is the truth? theres no more equality, the disadvantage gets even more disadvantaged by the bullshit disadvantages.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i know, like one of the girls in my year, her brother died in really traumatic circumstances, and theres like a whole inquest and stuff (basically im saying she deserves it) and she got 4 bonus points for being stressed
another was going out and getting so drunk every night before the hsc she was physically sick, never studied, any of that, and got exemptions from some of her exams coz she was 'stressed' (i mean, how dumb, she was picking and choosing what exams to come to)

anyway, yeah, we just think its really slack that girl #2 got bonus points

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
man u get extra points for STRESS??? OMG i mean EVERYONE gets Stress !!!!!! the EAS system is not fair and is a bogus, sorry for the people who really need it, but id say 80% of EAS applicants r bogus and they do not need it.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
hey i got a uai 90+ but i did deserve eas due to some problems....though i never got to use the eas points as my course was 9 pts below the cut off....also i went to a crap govt school....

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
yes but i know people who actually DO have disadvantages during their studies, and because of their disadvantage they wouldnt be able to achieve a UAI greater than 70s, and for that even their EAS is useless. i feel sorry for them... but i agree with wat u say.

cheers^^

Ribbon

A girl in my year got 96.8 and had EAS in. I can't remember the medical term for it but basically she had a dodgy heart, that let blood flow both ways down the valve where it should only flow one way. She was always off to sydney (from rural NSW) to get tests done, and for awhile there they were still deciding wether she need open heart surgery or not. It meant she couldn't run because of her heart (so you can imagine stress ect.) and it made her tired and sick alot of the time too.

I got 93.35 and had EAS in, for financial hardship (i've been on the full amount of youth allowence, living away from home rate for both prelim and HSC) and because of this I had to work during all my exams and assessment periods (I took time off for the actual HSC though) which classifies as excessive family responsibilities. It really does affect your study and overall state of mind. ie, you cannot buy textbooks to study from (dodgy gov't school has like NOTHING in the library!), or attend hsc lectures in sydney ect. and working makes you tired (its hard to bring yourself to do homework after working 7:30 to 6:30 in a supermarket), so you don't have as much time to study, which makes you stress and ruins your state of mind for exams... and it sucks having to make the decision between working to make money or calling in sick (to work) because there is an assesment due the next day...

I don't know anyone with a dodgy eas application... I did hear though that in big private schools a large percentage of the kids put in misadventure forms for thier trials (like, bullshit doctors certificates and stuff) because they knew the exams would bring down thier assessment mark averages... which I think is very slack... similarly, with the girl I mentioned above, I got the shits when she put in misadventure forms for the trials (she still sat them, but got the higher of her trial or av assessment mark for them), because she obviously wasn't affected by the fatigue ect. at that time, and I legitimately beat her but because of the misadventure she got a higher mark :( She really was sick for the HSC exams though....

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
well i feel ya how u gotta work and you live away from home and its tough, but u know when you think about it, people who live at home with their parents, they'd be at the same state as you, coz they wont be studying much n e wayz...

at my school HEAPS of my mates all study the night b4 the exams, and im sure alotta your friends do too.

But i think EAS is used in a wrong way by many, but also it is used in the right way by those really in need, but usually those that realli need it, end up with low uais n e way, and bcoz of the increase in cut offs now even their EAS wont help them get into uni, they are the ones i feel sorry for.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I know a guy who got 100.00 UAI this year and he applied for EAS for Youth Allowance, ESL and small stuff like that.
So he kinda got 100+

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
i should haf applied for EAS man, why not scam the system like everyone else.. thats life.. if you live life ethically, your the one who loses at the end of the day...

fark it.. im gonna tell my sister whos doing her hsc this year to fill out the EAS form and make up as many things as possible.

jsut ocz u got uai 90+ doesnt mean that u dont derserve it. u could have gotten more, u never know. id never even heard of eas till this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)