Dual-Sim Phones (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lmao every phone in China that you haven't heard of the brand has Dual-Sim or the manafacturer has a Dual-Sim phone aswell.

There are two allright ones in the Australian market.

The DUALSIM Phone Company NSW Australia | Dual Sim Mobile Phones & PDA | Dual Sim Card Cell - some random new brand in Aus which makes only dual sim phones. They look nice and stats aren't bad.

Id also have a look below at this website, if you see anything interesting try to find it on Dealextreme (read at bottom) first as its likely to be half the price.

Dual Sim Mobile Phones - Australia's LEADER in Dual Sim Phones - seem to be importing a lot of the obscure chinese phones.

Philips 699, Samsung D880/D980 and a few other Samsungs seem to be for sale on the internet.

If you don't really mind having amazing quality, stylish looks or known brand or care about 3G features and stuff. I would suggest you go on Dealextreme (look it up) and buy some dodgy dual sim iphone rip off for like $100. They have a lot of dual sim phones and are all cheap just have a good look around at whats available and read reviews/check its compatible with the networks over here before you buy.

EDIT: Hmm yes deffinetely read the disscusions before you buy, one of the cheaper phones came with a mosque as the background (changable) but when you turn it off it quotes a verse from the Qur'an loudly through the speaker xD. but for $60 AUS including shipping this phone which has a touch screen and seems to support real video among other video formats seems to be a good deal, especially considering some guy said you can change the sound played when you turn it off.

Last edited:

Sarebs

HSC
Brent 012, you're a legend!!! Will check them out. Lol at the quran phone!

I really don't know why the bigger brands don't have more dual sim phones, was really hoping to get one made by blackberry :(

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Brent 012, you're a legend!!! Will check them out. Lol at the quran phone!

I really don't know why the bigger brands don't have more dual sim phones, was really hoping to get one made by blackberry :(
There are tons of blackberry style phones on dealextreme xD.

If you want a blackberry though, get one of these adaptor things:
[youtube]Nrn3G-CuB54[/youtube]

Not neccesarily from there though, look around.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
TBH I carry two phones. It's alot easier than trying to use the dual sims which often require you to reset the phone anyway to switch sims (i.e. you can't have them both on at the same time). I think dedicated phones (like the aforementioned Samsung) do let you distinguish between the two but for some reason, I still prefer the safety of having two phones so that I can easily switch one off at night when sleeping whilst leaving the other one on in case anyone from my family/gf calls... the other benefit is in case battery dies. Yes this is a pain with contacts but that's why I ended up buying two Nokia s60 devices since they can wirelessly synchronise contacts/calendar/etc with each other easily. That being said, if it wasn't for this, I wonder if I would've jumped on the iPhone all-in-one device bandwagon!

EDIT: Also thought of another reason I like two phones- when someone is telling me a phone number or some information on the call, I can get the other phone out and take notes or surf to the website or search for an email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)