Drummers Unite! (1 Viewer)

Tubmiester

HSC
There's gotta be some drummers out there.
What you doing for hsc? how long u been playing? what kit/cymbals do u play? styles? favourite drummers?

peace out,

tubs

Dragie

HSC
Hey I'm a drummer:d
yay I rock out hehe
I love Chad Smith from red hot chili peppers.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Evidently I drum...lol

I did my HSC last year and got 96 in music. I played Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater and Redefine by Incubus. I also did two Vivas.

I have a Pearl Export, and use Sabian. There is a pic of my baby in my sig :p I continue to expand my kit, which is one of the great things about drums, you can just keep adding to it.

Chad Smith does rock! So do the Peppers!

Tubmiester

HSC
I'm playing a dixon kit (not the begginer ones the semi-pro ones....yes they do exist) i have zildjian and paiste cymbals, carter beauford, dave garibaldi and chad smith are prob the top in my drummers list. Doing chameleon for hsc and some other swing jazz big band peice

HSC
Well im a drummer but not doing music for HSC. My fave drummers though would be Chad Smith and Dave Weckl and also whoever the drummer is in Maynard Ferguson's recording of Birdland, that guys fucken awesome.
And Chameleon is probably one of my favourite jazz songs, i play sax aswell and we had a mad jam session to chameleon at band camp this year. Five man percussion section, organ (keyboard), and our entire stage band (about 20 people) it was awesome.
My kit is one of those crappy Dixon's because i have to fund everything myself, so instead of buying a good kit ive just re-skinned it with remo skins, bought a sabian cymbal set, borrowed my friends chad smith explosion crash and pearl double-kick for a while and im working on buying some new hardware, most likely a hi-hat stand.

Drummers RULE!!!!!!!

Dragie

HSC
You all rock with your band and drummer choice *chad smith and RHCP* :) See on the other threads how they insult us talented drummers lol do you see their jealousy?? Just coz we're so damn good that's why...Sorry just a bit bitter that to some people drums aren't considered 'real, musical instruments'. So pffft to them.
Rock on :D

Dragie

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Well im a drummer but not doing music for HSC. My fave drummers though would be Chad Smith and Dave Weckl and also whoever the drummer is in Maynard Ferguson's recording of Birdland, that guys fucken awesome.
And Chameleon is probably one of my favourite jazz songs, i play sax aswell and we had a mad jam session to chameleon at band camp this year. Five man percussion section, organ (keyboard), and our entire stage band (about 20 people) it was awesome.
My kit is one of those crappy Dixon's because i have to fund everything myself, so instead of buying a good kit ive just re-skinned it with remo skins, bought a sabian cymbal set, borrowed my friends chad smith explosion crash and pearl double-kick for a while and im working on buying some new hardware, most likely a hi-hat stand.

Drummers RULE!!!!!!!

Bahhhhh mine is a Dixon too though I have a very nice paiste cymbal set so it kinda balances out the crapiness a bit ----> On the market for a nice pearl or tama kit at the moment.

passion89

HSC
I'm a drummer too and we do get dissed heaps more than other instrumentalists...goddamn it, we're just as good if not better! :vcross:

lala2

Banned
HSC
I agree. I don't play drums of any sort--I'm a pianist :p but it's really hard to coordinate drums and if you do it well, that's just amazing.

corsair

HSC
Yeah im gonna throw my hand up for the drumming crew....

influences, Jose pasillas (Incubus), Chris adler (lamb of god) and Travis Barker (Blink 182)

My songs for Peformance are:

Bleeding through - on wings of lead
Lamb of god - the faded line
Green day - Welcome to paradise
and/0r parkway drive - smoke em if ya got em.

that along with about 10 other songs at this stage alone helping other people out...

anyone else going a slightly louder route for performace?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
corsair said:
Yeah im gonna throw my hand up for the drumming crew....

influences, Jose pasillas (Incubus), Chris adler (lamb of god) and Travis Barker (Blink 182)

My songs for Peformance are:

Bleeding through - on wings of lead
Lamb of god - the faded line
Green day - Welcome to paradise
and/0r parkway drive - smoke em if ya got em.

that along with about 10 other songs at this stage alone helping other people out...

anyone else going a slightly louder route for performace?
Heh, awesome song choices man... (except for Green Day :p) The Faded Line is such an awesome song. I'm not a drummer, but I am a guitarist and I am definitely playing some metal for my HSC.

hog

hogman
HSC
thank god there are drummers on this forum

My HSC peices are:

Sing Sing Sing - Glen Miller
Fire - Jimi Hendrix
The Chicken - Dave Dicenso
Antiphon For Two Drummers - Paul Sarcich

Any thoughts on my chocies?

all_of_myself

HSC
hogman! Awesome choices! i'm doing 'sing sing sing', too, but taking more inspiration from Benny Goodman.

ashley946

HSC
I'll be doing a Buddy Rich tribute solo, 'Ain't It Rich' and my own compilation of swiss rudiments turned into a solo around the kit. I don't know exactly what I'll do for my other two pieces. At the moment I'm playing on a roland electronic kit but i'm thinking of trading with ma mate for his acoustic.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC

Ishamael

Irate (o_0) Pirate
HSC
How do you know someone is a bassist?
They're halfway between a drummer and a musician.

How do you find out if a stage is level?
The drummer drools out both sides of his mouth

No matter how much you flame, nothing compares to saying that next to a bassist and a drummer. :p

RJO1988

HSC
Hi guys!! I am a drummer and percussionist studying percussion for the past year (2006) with Principal Percussionist of TSO, Gary Wain (awesome teacher). I did Music 2 and Extension Music majoring in Composition. For my Music 2 performance (I did 3 in total, half yearlies, trials and final HSC), I basically played a composition of my own; I do have the music written down and a recording that I re-did last year with a good friend fo mine. So if anyone want's to have a look... feel free to email me. I basically listen to a lot of like Vinnie Colaiuta, Gregg Bissonette, Steve Gadd, Dennis Chambers, Thomas Lang, Tommy Igoe, and more drummers like them.

Now the truth, I actually did no preperation for ANY! of my performances. Basically it was a jam by my self, infront of two/three markers. The composition came AFTERwards; I written it after I finished HSC. I just made up a title on the spot and that's all... length = 5 minutes... was that accurate? nope :D

Equipment I use... Pearl Export with Evans heads (trust me... it makes a heck difference from those factory heads... worth it) and a lot of Istanbul Agop and Zildjian Cymbals.

So any "drummers" out there who IS! thinking of doing Music 2 or IS doing Music 2... yes it is possible to do well in your course. Just do it properly. I came out with 92 for Music 2 and 46 for Extension Music. My half yearlies was 80% and my trial was 90%.

HAVE FUN DRUMMERS!!

DEvans5150

HSC
Heya Guys...
Iv bn drummin 4 11 years now
My influences are Tommy Lee (Mötley Crüe), Dom Howard (muse) and John Farris (INXS) and i can proudly say iv seen them all live :)

petew89

HSC
Tubmiester said:
There's gotta be some drummers out there.
What you doing for hsc? how long u been playing? what kit/cymbals do u play? styles? favourite drummers?

peace out,

tubs
Yup.

I've been playing for 2-3 years now.

I use a Gretsch kit, Sabian cymbals (will soon be adding Zildjian A Custom Mastersound hats :D)

I've decided on the following pieces for my HSC:

• Give Me One Good Reason - blink-182
• Hitchin' a Ride - Green Day
• Take Lots With Alcohol - Alkaline Trio
• Always - blink-182

Basically im looking at exploring different techniques, ways the kit is used and tone colours etc used in punk rock/pop-punk :)

If u havent already guessed one of my fav drummers is Travis Barker..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)